KINGSPORT DB INDIANS

ArtVandalay

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-B's 4 Horsemen (hey, I like that, ya'll like that??, maybe it will stick) all are averaging in double digit ppg. (11.5 - 13)

Azmar Blye is the best overall Guard in the Big 7, period. He is the team vocal leader and can flat get after it on D, plus, he can get RED HOT from 3 land. Avg. 12.5 ppg

Jarrod Sweet Pea Wootten plays post. Is a temendous shot blocker, good rebounder and has a nice soft jumper. Avg. 11.5 ppg, 7 rpg and 3 blocks per game

Henry Hawk Williams is a streaky yet very tallented forward. Great D player, can bust the 3, or drive to the hole. Leads the team with 13 ppg, also a good rebounder.

Seth Jervis, although a senior, this is his 1st yr with the Indians. Maybe the most tallented player on the team. Shoots Red Hot from 3, has a very nice dribble drive to the hole, rebounds well and can bring the ball up court if asked too. Seth has missed 6 games or so, due to an ankle injury and FLU Bug. Seth is really starting to play great the last couple of games!! Avg 12-13 ppg.

All of those players are being looked at by College Coaches. No Div 1 , unless it is Seth, but all are wanted by someone. Blye and Wootten have been approached by the same 2 schools, sort of a combo package.

Good luck to all of the Indian Seniors, Kingsport is PROUD OF YOU!!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Giddy Up!! :rolleyes:

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-18-03 12:41P]

DB is having an outstanding year! Has Science Hill really won 10 strainght conference championships? Is that the regular season, tourney, or both? Wow! I don't mean any disrespect, but that's some serious domination. It sounds like AE down this way. Maybe this will be the year for you guys in the tournament. I agree that it could just as easily be G'ville contending for a substate spot against the Knox area teams this year. SH, DB, and G'ville have all looked better than any Knox area team with the exception of Maryville, and I don't think the Rebs have gotten a lot better over the course of the season.....Good luck Indians..

Guest DBballfan

Hey! now DBs bball is awesome and we can kill anyone, but 1 thing i noticed about you all is that all you talk about is the seniors.You need 2give credit to the other talented players on the court. Some of them may not play a lot but some don't get the chance. Like David Begley, Philip Tritipoe, and Jamie Creech. They are very good. But 1 you never talk about is Thomas Harrison. He plays a lot and he is very talented. Hes been in the news, news paper, and radio, but not on here. He usually outscores the others and deserves recognition.

*DB Fan*

You guys have not beaten DB and you are mad because DB whips you in every sport. ESPECIALLY when you guys think you are so good at football. Sound familiar, because now you THINK you are good at basketball. You guys are gonna be so down in years to come, so you should kiss up to everyone now.

Guest BleacherRef

Now that we have the tournament warm-ups out of the way, it is Basketball Time in Tennessee.........Freedom Hall will be the place to be this week for some serious ball playing ......should be as entertaining as the Arby's!

I challenge ALL Indian Fans come out and support this wonderful Indian team and cheer them on to victory! ;) 1st game for DB is Monday at 6:30 p.m. against Sullivan East.

Hopefully, Azmar Blye will be back and ready to lead the Tribe on the court to a victory over East. Henry Williams, Jarrod Wootten, Thomas Harrison, Joey Blackwell, Ryan Blackwell, Seth Jervis, Harry Hall, Jamie Creech, Jeff Morrison, Lamon Williams, David Begley, Reid Burton, Philip Tritapoe...... my hat's off to all of you for coming together as a "team" and playing a wonderful regular season.....you have really made this a great year to watch Indian Basketball! Of course, we can't forget to mention C-MO for his great job of being the CHIEF of this very talented TRIBE! Let's keep up the good work and keep the excitment going for all of us Indian Fans........We know you can make it all the way to Murfreesboro.

[Edited by BleacherRef on 2-24-03 9:11P]

OK, the team is ready.

I just talked to JWOO. C MO put the Tribe thru a hard practice today and Azmar went the whole way. Knee is doing fine. Indians will pound the rock on the inside for Game 1 of the District Tournament. DB Post players have just had field days in both games with SE this season. Monday's District game will be no different.

We will see you all in JC Monday, right after work.

7's game prediction

DB 89

SE 55

Lover or Hated, but never ignored

Chop Chop :D

Guest HBaller88

JG....I think that i've heard that Wootten was thinking of one of the colleges around here (King, Milligan, and VI) but i think he got some out of state looks too from some small colleges in Maryland and Kentucky.

Ive heard that Jervis was being looked at by Carson-Newman and Lincoln Memorial U.

Blye has gotten alot of looks from what ive heard.(Milligan, VI, Walter St., an AZ school, and I think King.)

If anybody knows anything else post it!