Elizabethton hoops

Guest BBall12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EastTennFan

Betsys depth will catch up with them...especially with Brown out...I dont think their role players can keep stepping up when Besty is in foul trouble....All the pressure is on Besty to win...in there own gym...undefeated in the conferece 2 years....all ready in the region...There could be a let down game in the district.

Etown12, I agree that Elizabethton deserves a lot of credit and respect for what they have done. Remember, though, it is not what the pollsters think or say that matters. All that matters are the tournaments. Do it there and you cannot be denied.

If polls were what counted Dobyns-Bennett would have a lot more state championships in all sports than they do. Case in point. When I was a freshman in high school they were supposed to have the best team in the state in baseball. We had to play a "play in" game because there were 9 teams in the district (in those days there were no classes, everybody played in the same tournament) to even get in the bracket. We won and got to play the No. 1 seed - Dobyns-Bennett. The problem was they could not hit curve balls and we had one of the best curve ball pitchers around. We beat them 3-2. End of state championship quest against the # 8 seed.

The point is it does not matter what you do or what prople think of you in the middle of February that counts, it is what you do the last week of February and in March that counts.