BEST WR IN STATE?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is only best wr in the state--lamon williams. furthermore, he will be the best wr to come from tenn. to take it a step further,by his senior year he will be in the the nation's top 10 best wr's. more importantly, he will lead DB to state championship this year or next, depending on whether they get by jeff.co., particularly this year. jeff has returning (jennings #6, houston #5, clement #7, and brown#9)

[Edited by JPATS5 on 2-19-03 11:29P]

No doubt Williams is a talent. With his size and speed, he COULD BECOME one of the best receivers the state has ever seen. Before crowning him king, however, we'll have to see how he fares against top defensive backs. I saw him play against Riverdale--that can't be used as a benchmark. He was matched up against a 5'10" sophomore cornerback who played on a badly sprained ankle. When he had that matchup, he looked all-world, but when this cornerback left the game late in the 3rd quarter and the starting safety was moved to cover Williams, he didn't catch another pass. By the way that safety isn't known for his size and speed. I can only wonder what success Williams would have had against Taron Henry had he not been injured.

Man, its Science Hill. We don't care how many yards he had against you last year because the same thing happened that always will, we won. Nobody cares about what happened in the game last year including Lamon. I'd say he just remembers playing in the semis against Riverdale, not beating ole' Science Hill as usual.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• No reasonable lawyer would take up this case. I am not a lawyer, but I know school law in and out.  Similar situations just like this play out thousands of times each year across the country, even at the college level (i.e. Ole Miss)  The Plaintiff's never win...ever.  If I am wrong, please provide a legal precedent for me. I will be waiting.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39431892/judge-drops-ole-miss-player-lawsuit-lane-kiffin  
    • Yes Justin Cruse was named head coach
    • It used to be, I think it still is, a change of 20% +/- gives reason to reclassify. Schools can choose to play up classifications but not down. Here is the mid cycle reclassification info on TSSAA.org When Memphis East changed from a regular public school to an "all-optional" school in 2017 the would've dropped to A but chose to stay in AAA in basketball (baseball, and softball) Penny was still coaching there and with the players they had they would've beaten A teams by 40 and slept walked to the championship. Other Memphis schools stayed in their classifications (mostly in basketball) until the next reclassification cycle. Of course this is the same time that a 4th class was added basketball.
    • TN USA Freestyle & Greco-Roman State Championships Registration Deadline Tonight 5/2 at 8 p.m. CST! Links to register for this weekend's state championships at Summit H.S. below: Freestyle State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853379132 Greco-Roman State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853380132
    • Who has more access to kids? Charters? Privates?