jpats5

guru5

You seem to be a big Jeff Co. fan. Me too. How many games did you see this year? They are much improved. Are you from Jeff. Co? I think we have a great chance to win state. What do you think about the upcoming program in Jeff.Co in 2003? Anyone else please feel free to give your input also.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeff will be returning starters to 15 positions--they are: on offense, 7 starters returning-- parker clement qb, jeff jennings rb, scooter houston rb, tlyer brown wr, cody cantrell wr, andrew newman ot, and jason yeary og. on offense, tlyer brown has become a big-time playmaker. he came on strong toward the end of the season and in the play-offs. the fullback will probably be shared equally between seth hoover and an upcoming soph. seth is an excellent blocker. needless to say, jeff will have many weapons this year.the only area of concern is the o-line. jason yeary will be a good guard, along with newman at t. the other four positions are likely to be filled by as follows: daniel green og, scott hopkins ot, billy luther te,and the center will probably be a soph--can't remember his name. as for the transfer qb, it's a possibility. on defense, 8 starters return--desmond reliford de, nick mason t, john huskey nt, jeff jennings lb, aaron carson lb, scooter houston db, tyler brown db, and seth hoover and cody cantrell sharing equal time at fs. the other three postions will probably be filled as follows: noah vickers lb, rayvon bly de, and jason yeary t. i hope jeff. sticks to the 5-3. they are much more successful with it. the only area of concern on defense is depth at db--houston and brown will need quality reliefs.

[Edited by JPATS5 on 2-22-03 8:24P]

well, we went deep into the play-offs last year. you might not remember, but parker clement hurt his shoulder on jeff's third possession. he stayed in, but was in extreme pain. it really affected his throwing ability. do you remember jeff's first possession? parker does a nice fake and hits tyler brown 30 yards across the middle, who then out runs DB's secondary. look for many of those plays this year. this will take pressure off of houston and jennings.

[Edited by JPATS5 on 2-22-03 8:53P]

hey, jiveturkey, do you think jeff can beat west this year? i don't know, probably not. west will be very,very hard to score on. this will probably be their best defensive unit ever. as you know, defense wins championships. also, look for west to end maryville's championship reign. i think jeff and west both have an excellent shot at being state champs this year. that would be really cool.

not really, only about 7 positions all together. my main concern is building depth at the db position. if jeff uses a 5-3 against west last year, west only wins 21-14. remember how much more successful they were when they put little huskey in at nt. hey, they stuck with it for the rest of the year. his # is 22. he is quick and salty--don't worry about his size.

jpats5, Jeff will definately have a load of weapons, and of course coach meadows has the dreaded 1st year over with. i think his offense will be outstanding. i forgot Tyler Brown was a junior this year. Brown will be the go to guy in the air. As for Mo-west vs Jeff, i don't like predicting scores or outcomes. Morristown West should have a very good Defense this year. Everyone always talks of how Mo-West will have to "rebuild" on offense. Well i don't believe that, West always has players stepping up, Coach Woods would accept no less. But as for the score, we'll just have to wait till after the game to discuss that. haha. oh yeah jpats, are you a former player or a brother of a Jeff player, you seem to know a lot about them.