box out!

Wayne4defense

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, lets blame ESPN. Lets not place any responsibility on coaches who just roll the ball out in practice and are too lazy or too intimidated by their players to require basic defensive fundamentals, including box outs.

Lets make it fun for the kids. Dunks and 3's for all!

[Edited by salty on 2-26-03 11:38A]

I totally agree. Im not a very big guy and i play guard and the past week i have seen gaurds being leveled by posts coming out and screening and the man not calling out a screen! It doesnt happen that much in high school but in college and nba the guards suffer fractured jaw bones and concussions. I remember yao ming laying one of those on paul pierce the other night! Do the little things and the big things take care of them selves!

That's right, men that's what championship teams do - I know, men. I won a state championship in 1955 so i know!! I dont need all of you young guys that think you know what you're doing telling me how to win!! I'm a coach and I know how to play basketball, men. You gotta hustle and play good defense and box out. Some nights you're just not going to have your shot but you can always play good defense, men. I mean all you have to do is get low and watch the ball and your man!! You guys have a lot to learn, men. Golly I tell ya you got a lot to learn.