Turning back on the flag

footballfanatic

This article is right on with an understanding of this situation. Gives a fair unbiased perspective. Serving in military myself, having family members do the same, and a younger brother that is currently in infantry in Kuwait at this time, I dont have a problem with this girl and what her points are, but I do have a problem with she is using the Flag as her avenue to express her opinion.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/030228.html

[Edited by OS91 on 2-28-03 1:45P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-28-03 1:51P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-28-03 1:58P]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by EaglevilleBlade:

I totally agree with her turning her back on the flag, flame me all you want, but if you understand her reason you will see she is a true American.

She is angry about the war situation and so are alot of people. She has the right to do it. Atleast she doesnt blow herself up.

I personally do not say the pledge or the anthem, my beliefs are the basically the same as hers. But I DO stand to recongnize the solders who fought for a REAL purpose. I say by not salution the flag you are a true American and not a sheep who eats up what the media tells you is true.

I dont care what you people say, you all have your opinions, and if you want to tell me face to face come to the district tourney tonight, ill be in the eagleville section. bring your flags and be a sheep like 50% of America

That flag is what gives her the right to protest. She should respect the flag and instead wear a t-shirt, carry a poster or go to a rally.

Personally I'd like to spit in her face.

And for those of us sheep that are 50% I'll say this. It's usually us who are willing to step up, volunteer and serve. Be that in the service or in things such as booster clubs that aid the kids.

A lot of the time the ones I see doing most of the protesting are the ones who won't lift a finger to help anything. Not the country, not the school, not their church, not anything.

What this country needs is a good depression to educate a lot of folks about how harsh life can be and how we all should carry our weight.

Turn your back on the flag around me and see what it gets you.

Del

Desert Storm Veteran

63rd Chemical Company

101st Airborne Division, Air Assault!

Death From Above!

The flag STILL stands for FREEDOM and they can't take that away. And I'm pround to be an American where at least I know I'm free and I won't forgot the men who died who gave that right to me. And I glady stand up, next to you and defend HER still today.

Lee Greenwood

I could sit here and preach till the cows come home, but like Geno A. said (and I disliked him before this) she could face the flag or be dismissed from my team. I vote to dismiss her from the team as well as from America. There are other ways to protest a war.

America--Love it or leave it!! :x

I wonder if her mother or father had died for the very thing she turned her back on, if she would have thought twice about doing it. Thousands of people have died for that flag and there are many other avenues available for her to express herself. I understand what her intentions were but come on. Thats horrible. She shouldn't be allowed to play at ALL!!!!!!

Guest EaglevilleBlade

you guys need to understand throughout the world right now the usa flag means war and destruction, belive it or not, but it does.

my form of protest is for peace not war. i dont protest the people that died FOR a cause, I salute them and their familys, but the crap W is doing right now is uncalled for.

So I assume you would rather let a madmen come over and kill innocent American family's and children?? I know there is a fine line that has to be walked, but it's time for someone to step up and take control of these situations or the whole world is gunna be up a creek.

Guest LukeDukeKnows

You need to understand ONE thing son and when I say this I mean every little word of it: LOVE this country or LEAVE this country. Just think, you could have been born and live in some 3rd world country or even Iraq for that matter. Oh no, we have to get on here and bash W about a possible war. The BIBLE says we need to pray for our leaders, not bash them.

LUKE DUKE HAS SPOKEN!! :)

Guest EaglevilleBlade

wow, i didnt know this would bring the redneck out of the mass.

you have to undertand we are not fighting for freedom right now, its all for oil, ask cnn, cbs, abc, or whom ever, this stuff is all over oil.