Hendersonville State Bound?

stlbrd

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, Hendersonville should be on cruise control through the region, although MJ is playing very well. I Would have to say any team in Nashville would give them trouble. It is tough to simulate the type of speed you see with those teams. It really hurt them last year in the sub state, but then again, that was last year.

Who knows, maybe the basketball gods will feel they owe them one after last year, they certainly have a great team who always finds a way to win those close games. And the Wicke kid can play.

Have you ever seen the Memphis AAA teams play.

There are 3-4 teams in Memphis that are 20 points

better than Hendersonville. East Tn probably

has 2 or three in Cleveland Maryville and Dobyns

-Bennett. When was the last time that a AAA team

won the state title and was from middle Tn. I think

it was when David Vaughn played. Im not trying to

take anything away from Hendersonville but they aren't

at the same level as some of those teams

bogknocka8, David Vaughn Jr. never won the state at Whites Creek. They lost in the finals his sophmore year (he never got off the bench), semis -junior year, and first round senior year. His DAD won two in 1970 and '71 at old Cameron high. The last teams from the mid-state to win the state championship (other than private schools) are MLK in 1991 and 1996, and Franklin in 1989 (over Whites Creek). Before that you have to go back to 1981 and old Pearl High. Hardly a precedent.

I believe the last AAA champion from the midstate would be 1989 when Franklin High School shocked the world and beat Vaughn, Allen, and Whites Creek in the finals led by Kevin Anglin.

I know in the 90's Columbia, Oakland, Overton and Columbia made it to the finals. I do not believe that Columbia won although they were in there more than once. Did Stratford get beat in the finals last year or the semis?

Hey, that's why they play the game. Not every game is won by who was supposed to win. There have been some upsets already and there will be more!

Bigpoppa, Vaughn was a JV player in 1989. He did dress out, but hardly ever got in. MLK is the only public school to win in the 90's from the mid-state. Stratford was beaten in the semis last year and Columbia has never won the state in boys basketball. Give me a call. I waited after the game for awhile, but I can understand why ya'll didn't come out.

If the West winning is a foregone conclusion, why don't we just cancel the games now and give'em the trophy? :x

Get a grip man!!!, Henderson has a good chance to get there, but like anybody else, (including Memphis), they will have to work for it!

With all the upsets already, and the ones yet to come... Who Knows!

Yeah, I was going to say that White Co won back-to-back titles from Middle Tn...... I really thought Stratford had a legit shot last year to win it all, but got upset by a very good Science Hill team...... That Stratford bunch last year was really special, and I thought would have had the best shot of any team in State of knocking off White Station, behind DeMarco Polk, Jeremy Stephens, and Miles Campbell.........

Hey, thanks everyone for the response so far! My initial post only said making it TO the state (not winning it). I may have to disagree with the speed factor. H'ville has very deceptive speed and plays in your face defense for the entire game. Should have been in the state last year....maybe they ARE due! Wicke can play with anyone (even in West TN). Lockhart can light it up on any given night. (and the guy can JUMP)! Coach has them playing well at the right time.........you never know!