D2 Pairings are out

callinyouout

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gasol is very good.

Look at Gomab's ratings...

He won tournament MVP in the West and he might be the best player in D2 and the best center in the state...he's going to Europe right after this to start playing pro ball.

I didn't think he was that good until I saw him...you'll have to see for yourself.

And yes, he can dunk.

After seeing Gasol play for the first time last week, I am not impressed with him. I know he's tall and can drop the ball in the basketball and dunk. But he can barely jump. He is slow and gets tired quickly. He has his height, size, and decent shooting going for him, but in my opinion, he is not an athlete. I know I will get slammed for this comment, but it's my opinion. He does a lot for Lausanne and gets them points and wins games, but he is not an athlete. He stand under the net and waits for the ball.

predictions

Mccallie 66 Father Ryan 64 - going out on a limb with them

Notre Dame 78 Bishop Byrne 54 - ND has to much athleticism

Lausanne 56 BGA 51 - dont know to much about lausanne

BA 66 Briarcrest 55 - BA is to hot right now

[Edited by NDfanPack on 3-3-03 2:16P]

Well, as long as you know your McCallie pick is out on a limb, you should be in good shape, because I don't see that one happening....but that's why they play the game!

Also, the Lausanne-BGA game won't be as close (although I'll be rooting for the 'Cats).

:)

Hampton is better than any player on the ND team.

I don't even go to any of the schools that are at sectionals and I could care less who wins it. Actually I'll probably be rooting for Gasol cus he is such a baby and he's hilarious to watch. Hampton is getting recruited by LSU to play football. The man was state champion MVP...Gomab has him higher then any player on the ND team.

I highly doubt that Bowman averages 15 rebounds a game, the point guard averages 6 assists a game, and the other guy averages 11 rebounds a game. Please reread your posts before posting them, because they are highly difficult to read...I assume you meant to write "He won't even get 12."

I'll hold you to that one. ND will win cus Byrne has the worst coach in the sectionals and they have never been to sectionals in the history of D2.

Guest BigBalla3

If Notre Dame keeps playing like they did this past weekend in the east region tournament then they are the team to beat in the state. The Ellison twins did not even play at their best, but it didn't matter because Cook, Valentine, and Bowman all played awesome. They beat #1 seed Catholic by 12 on their home floor, and the next night they beat McCallie by about 20. I think an ND, Brentwood, or Father Ryan will win it all, but if ND's coach doesn't screw up, they will be the ones to beat due to all the talent they have. And they do play unbelievable defense.