Father Ryan

Guest JuicyJmoney

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harding people have bad-mouthed Ryan for two years and what has it gotten them?-no championship, no ring, no trophy. Notre Dame is doing the same thing now. Man, they got a big win with our MVP not playing. Man, they sure looked like they were impressed when they ran on the court and cheered their team when they came out of the locker room after a mid-season game. Man, I was impressed. BA looked real good when Joe Thompson was hurt. They didn't look quite so good when he was healthy and named MVP of the region. Sometime a month from now I get the feeling that people in Chattanooga will still be saying, "Well, we had a more athletic team." Talk is cheap. Play the game.

I'm a Harding fan and played at Harding...I never bad mouthed FR...and never will. Although we did beat yall in volleyball and would have beaten yall in football this year, the truth is...in basketball...yall are the defending state champions and there is no question about that. Don't listen to a bunch of annoying fans, look at my predictions on the D2 sectional pairings are out thread...It has ya'll number one. Don't classify all Harding fans as like that, good luck to you all in the sectionals.

oldcoacht - I have been on the boards for a year, and I have never seen Harding bashng FR. We may have talked a lot about how good we were, and especially how our volleyball team would win state. I know our fans do a lot of talking, but I have never seem them bashing ya'll. In fact, FR has the best shot at state this year. It will be close with BA close behind, but I think FR will probably win it. I'm sorry if you've been offended by anything Harding has said, but I have not seen anything that could come across as bashing.

BEFORE everone starts to narrow down this D2 championship into a two team race between ND and FRHS, let me say a couple of things. First, the officiating at the reigion tourney game between FRHS and BA. I know I'm going to get wailed on for dogging the officials, but it did seem like BA could not go to either end of the court without getting called for some foul or another that simply should not have been called. I watched the game away from either student section, and I must say the officiating was terrible. Now, lets say that the officials were justified in making EVERY ONE of those foul calls. I am willing to wager that BA's head coach has dealt with the problem of unnecessary fouls with his players and gotten them in line. As for the person who said that BA was able to beat FRHS because they didn't have Joe Thompson, I disagree. BA beat FRHS TWICE (yes, TWICE) in the regular season, and they had an off night against FRHS in the reigion tourney. BA is THE REAL DEAL, so all you doubters out there, make sure you are prepared. This will be one of the closest State Tournaments in recent history, with the skill levels of FRHS, ND, and BA. So, I must part with this comment:

Boys, we are in for a real treat

caeagle, I wasn't at the region Championship game, so I can't comment regarding the officiating; however, I will agree wholeheartedly with your last statement: we are indeed in for a REAL treat, starting tomorrow at Lipscomb at 5:00. I can't wait to pick my seat in Allen Arena and watch 2 days of thrilling basketball, and then to hopefully make my way to the 'Boro in a couple weeks.

Best of luck to all teams involved, but especially to Brentwood Academy. :rolleyes: