This is to the Giles Student Section, and Tyler Sm

Petey47

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat's on your win last night. I hope you make it to the finals and we get to play you again, it is a good experience for us. Are you gonna cheer madly for our teams tonight? We will support you all and we could use your help tonight as many of our peoples can't make the long trip over. Boys at 6:00 and Girls at 7:30.

As I said earlier- he's a great player and I look (and hope) to see him at a higher level one day. As for ccc- they have come a long way this season! They had a 1-27 season last year, have a new coach this year and finished third in the district behind Waverly (who we beat both times in the season!) and Sycamore (who will likely make it to the championship game) So to answer your question about dunks- he can dunk and even though we got beat we could still walk out with our heads up - how many times does a 5'7" kid like Noel Smith score on him?

Regardless, y'all played a great game and good luck the rest of the way! But remember that some of the teams you beat (not just at tournaments) have victories in themselves without a victory in the game on the floor. As I said earlier- your student section is great and I believe that you will take this tournament. It really is a shame that so many people can't be happy for a guy like Tyler Smith. We should be proud that he can play the way he can and from what I saw last night, he is not obnoxious and has a good attitude. I wish him the best and will be watching for him! Jealousy is an ugly thing...

Guest michaelgar38473

Sorry Wneely, I just hate that no matter how good GC does people get on here and talk smack about how Tyler is a joke along with the rest of the team. I graduated in 98 and this is one of the best teams I've seen. Good luck to everyone!! Bye the way Wneely, the Sycamore fans were out in force last night. They are kind of loud, but I'm sure you guys will not have any problem with them. Just thought I would give you a heads up before the game.

[Edited by michaelgar38473 on 3-4-03 1:22P]

listen you get on here and say that no one can beat giles co man that just shows your true ignorance in basketball because anyone can be beaten at any time also i hope giles co does make it to the big show because there is where all the talent will be u people are going to eat a lot of crow when yall might not even make it to the big dance so just a little warning ,dont count you chickens before they are hatched

I graduated Columbia Central in 1990 and I have seen alot of good players in this area the last 15 years, but I truly think Tyler could turn out to be one of the best ever.

He is better now than Kirk Haston was as a sophmore and

look at Kirk he is in the NBA.

If Tyler keeps his grades up (which I don't know what kind of student he is)and keeps getting better THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!! Some of you forget he is still young. There is not a coach in the state that would not love to have him.

I also would want Tristan, he is very underrated. :)

i don't expect a good mark for this but i think that fletch and eric should be getting a lot of college looks! i don't know their situations as far as recruitment goes but they are 2 of the most underrated players in the state! i love watching eric handle the point, he is so quick and fletch has an awesome all around game! he can take it inside and move outside and hit the jumper! good luck to GCHS the rest of the way and i hope to watch ya'll take home the hardware up here at MTSU!!