bearden/powell?

Guest jdub40

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people don't give bearden enogh credit. When Cruze left the team alot of people just counted them out of doing anything in the tournaments. I got to watch them play William Blount and I was very impressed. I think WB will have to come ready to play to beat this Bearden team agian.

Congratulations on the win.

Ok this had to be the worst game i have seen powell play all yearthe way they came out was horrilbe and just looked terrible, but i dont wanna take any credit away from bearden wow they immpressed me so much tonight they hit almost everyshot they shut down dustin lucas which hasnt been done until this game they are a lot better off next year.... IM gonna be at the games thurs and fri I really wanna see how good maryville is..... Mocs30 i will see you next year or around the school sometime

The only way you can explain this game is that there are outcomes, particularly in high school games, that sometimes defy belief. No way is Bearden 39 points better than Powell. Moreover, if those two teaqms played 10 times, I think Powell would win 6 or 7. This kind of thing happens more in high school than college because high school kids are not as in control of their emotions as older players. The score was 5-0 before Powell ever crossed half court and the Panthers completely panicked. Powell missed so many close shots, one had to wonder if there was a lid on the basket. All the credit goes to Bearden, I know that isn't the way that Powell wanted to go out, but life's tough sometimes. They still won the regular season district championship and that's a lot to be proud of. Coach Blevins over at Bearden should be a lock for KIL Coach of the Year after what he's gone through. He may have had a player quit, but his team sure hasn't. Bearden is a very nice club and they will be a tough out for William Blount or whoever else they play.

I think the kids from Bearden made a statement not only to Powell and the rest of the region but to the teammate who walked out on them. This is also a testament to what kind of Coach Blevins is. How about White and Dickerson they sure will be difficult to deal with over the next couple of years. Dickerson looks like an all church league player, the last pick on the play ground then he gets out on the floor and makes play after play. White looks like he is 12 and plays like he is 22. Leaves he feet a bit to much with know where to go and needs to get stronger but has the potential to be an all time great in Knoxville. Powell looked like a deer in headlights. Bearden got in the first lick and Powell never recovered. I am sure they are disappointed. Never the less great season. Regular season district champions.

Mocs30, it doesn't matter if Powell could beat Bearden 7 out of 10 games. In the playoffs it is who is better on that given night. Powell did not know what hit them last night. The bottom line is the jerseys have been put away til next year at Powell while Bearden will suit up again tommorrow night. And yes, both Paul Dickenson and Tony White are going to be very special players. Paul is a sophomore and Tony is a freshman.