Westview vs. Gibson Co. Round 4

whscap05

WE CAN WIN ON THE ROAD - but anyone with a lick of sense would RATHER PLAY AT HOME....

I wonder if anyone has every looked to see how many teams that play on the road advance to Murfreesboro? We did in 2001.

If you can't win on the road, you WON'T get to the state tournament. What's the point of going to the 'Boro??? To get the gold ball, of course! Everyone playing at Murphy Center is "on the road" - kinda evens up the playing field, don't you think?

[Edited by WHSmom on 3-5-03 1:37P]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unclecooopa

good call. but it would be great to host another game at the View. i think we could really pack the house for a sub-state game in martin.

now......

to the game, Region Finals:

Westview HOSTING Gibson County @ Gibson County.

its great to see GC in those road uni's, sitting on the visitors bench, on their home floor.

It should be a tango. you've got to love a post-season matchup between two of the best teams in the state.

Either way, great preparation for saturday's game.

Katman, I have to agree with you on the parking. I hear the district tourney will rotate between GC, DC and Westview beginning this year. Unless something changes, better eat your trail mix in the parking lot at DC. Surely they will have to change the "no food or drink in gym" policy before they host a tournament. And while our parking leaves a lot to be desired, our facility is still tops.

Ok.Ok. I would have to give a thumbs down to the restrooms, too.

[Edited by gcfan2 on 3-5-03 7:18P]

if you people will just read I said the best chance of getting BOTH 13AA teams to murfreesboro is if GC wins thursday (because i dont think GC can go down to memphis and win but i believe MW can go to memphis and win)

just READ before you embarrass yourselves again

wescharge this is twice that you have TOTALLY misunderstood what i have said and flamed me for no reason. i was rooting for MW in the post and even predicting a BIG win. with fans like you for MW i think now i will root for GC

GET UP GC!!!!!

The law of averages say Gibson County, but I wouldn't lay any money on this one. It's gonna be a barnburner, no doubt. With Fuqua back from her hiatus, Westview just has another weapon in their arsennal. In other news, gleasondawg??? I'm from Gleason, mind if I ask who you might be??

[Edited by dudeutm2002 on 3-5-03 6:59P]

Guest unclecooopa

3pointer, we don't care whether GC gets beat in the substate or not. we want to host a substate game, period. but if we have to, we'll go down to memphis and take care of business on the road. and if that means gc hosts a substate game and picks up a win, fine.

Guest unclecooopa

when people talk about great rivalries, i keep hearing the same thing:

yankees - redsox

bears - packers

duke - unc

westview - gibson county

Win or lose tonight, it should be a great atmosphere!

Gotta give GC props on their band.

Get up view!

The band may be the key to tonites game, can Westview keep focus while they are playing??? ;)

After seeing some Memphis ball yesterday, I like both teams chances for winning in the substate, however, the winner tonite will have a much easier time of getting it done in the substate game....

Heard Oliver Springs went down last nite.....anybody that gets to the state tourney will have a chance, of course, Jackson County will still be the team to beat....

My prediction will be later....

GET UP 'VIEW

Guest unclecooopa

wescharge, great post.

i think most people underestimate the contribution of the band to the success of the team. as i said before, i think GC's band is worth about for points for the pioneers (i.e. there is already four points built-in for the lady pioneers tonite). thus, if the GC's band was a no-show, it would be like spotting the lady-chargers four points.

Guest unclecooopa

i am very disappointed in the lack of activity on this thread today. i suppose everybody is saving their enthusiasm for the game tonite.

Win or Lose, it will be a privalege to be in attendence for GC v WV part 4.

It should be a great game. I hope that loud-mouth from Westview that's on the refs the entire game can control himself tonite.