Science Hill, did you enjoy your last game?

wsp

I'll tell ya why SH gets no respect from me Surf.

1st game of the season @ the Topper Steam Gym (try opening a dang window or something in there). DB led the whole game, it was not close. Then the toppers made some big shots, DB missed some free throws (several front ends of 1 and 1's) and the Basketball Gods smiled on the toppers, they pulled a rabbit out of their hats, and won the game. This DB didn't know how to win a really big game, and the DB Players were crushed by the loss. When the horn sounded, the Topper fans streamed (like a million rats in NYC) out of there side of the Steam Gym and poured onto the court, taunting and yelling at the DB Fans. It was almost a riot fever pitch moment, (it really was). So, you toppers, in my opinion got what you deserved!! I will never support or give respect to SH, they deserve none and get none.

One other thing, why did JC not support their team tonight?? Greeneville had more fans than SH did, and that was without counting the DB fans that stayed for the 2nd game. You topper fans can lie to yourself if you want to, but you don't have the same talent level you used too. And it's not on the bench either.

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 3-6-03 10:53P]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree there is a bitter tone to the name of this thread. These are high school kids who played their heart out for the whole season and then some punk fans get on here and taunt them when their season is over. I am a Science Hill fan and I will show class. Greeneville did beat Science Hill in every aspect of the game. I'll admit though I wanted to see another DB Science Hill match up.

I Don't think the "riot" you described was true. Can you blame the fans for being excited about knocking off a bitter rival in the last second? I'm sure the same thing would have happened at the Dome.

Please keep the taunting to yourself. I know you may think it is funny between you and all your friends with the Seinfeld names but show some class and congratulate your team without putting others down.

Amen to that UNC........ART you know the exact same thing would've happened at DB if they won on a last second shot against SH at DB. You KNOW it. And I strongly disagree with your comment about the talent at SH declining. They are YOUNG and lacked big game experience. Nick,Jerome,and Rahman were really the only 3 that had major Varsity experience this year. Let's see how well DB does next year when Jervis,Blye,Williams,Wooten,and Blackwell are all GONE. Believe me DB is going to be in the exact same position next year that SH was this year. SH had a good season and face it, you know just as well as anyone else that this WAS a rebuilding year at SH. DB fans and everybody else can try and deny that all they want but they know it's the truth. I can already tell you that next year will be a rebuilding year at DB. I'm not trying to make excuses here just giving out facts. The upcoming talent level at SH is AWESOME so we as SH fans know we have nothing to worry about. The future of high school bball in JC is in excellent condition. SH haters come out of the woodwork because SH had 1 down year but the tradition at SH speaks for itself and has for years and will for years to come. Until someone else can come along and consistenly year after year knock SH off and bring home the state titles and state respect SH gets I think everybody should check themselves and what they're saying. SCIENCE HILL is still the premier program in East TN. Enough said.

Both Teams are good and they both probably deserved to go but only 1 can and so you play it out and on this occasion greenville won. Science Hill will aleays be one of the top 4 or 5 teams in East Tn. They always have been. Just because they loose a game that doesnt mean its the end. I mean for god sakes im an Elizabethton fan and I am even give SH credit for being a very good ball team.

I am really tired of all the threads from northeast TN. being mean and hateful. I am a D-B grad, former player, former broadcaster, parent of a D-B player, and parent of a Sevier player and I am VERY proud of this Indian team, but, it is despicable to downgrade other people (teams or schools) to attempt to upgrade yourself and that goes for fans everywhere. D-B and Science Hill have a great rivalry that goes back long before I was born. It is based on the respect earned on the playing field (or court) - to be successful in H.S. football in N.E TN you have to compare to D-B, in basketball it used to be a joint comparison to

D-B & Science Hill, then the Hill took that for their own in the 90s. Now D-B wants back in, okay great, continue to compete. It makes for great basketball. I want D-B to win every time they play anything against anyone, the "Hill" fans do and should feel the same. Thats what being a fan is about. Talking "smack" isn't about being a fan. Cheer for your team, not against your opponent. All the kids whose season has completed, I salute you for your efforts and I am sorry it ended before you were ready for it to. I used to sign off every radio ballgame broadcast with a saying..."If you learn something when you lose, you'll end up a winner in the end"...I am real sorry that some of my fellow D-B supporters didn't learn enough when we lost to be better winners now. My son @ Sevier, a 13 year old, was booed this season by adult fans of another school when he was introduced before a game, not very classy and neither is badmouthing the opposition. Coach Poe and Coach Burns both did a great job this year. Coach Morgan has done a great job this year. Let's be excited for the opportunities given to the players by these coaches and the thrills that we had getting to watch the strategies and efforts in the games played. My 8th grade son got to finish his season with a Sectional Championship, he made all-tournament and his best friend Coty Sensabaugh got the MVP, but the lasting memory for me was watching my son hug Manny Reid from Science Hill, in mutual admiration and respect. Two very good players who get better because and when they play against one another...and they understand that, we adults should as well. I am proud of the season the Hilltoppers had, at the middle school level and on the "Hill". I am proud of Sevier's championship and am looking forward to the continued rivalry as these middle schoolers head to H.S. I am excited that the Indians get to play for a Regional Championship and Substate, and hopefully get to Murfreesboro and I want them to win the State Title, but if they don't do all these great things it's been the effort that means something, their achievements are due to their efforts. The D-B slogan of "loved, or hated, but never ignored", is true because of earned respect, effort and acheivement, not how well we "smack" (trash) talked. Indian fans, let's let our actions match the class shown by our coaches and players

Science Hill fails to go to the state tournament and everyone says that they are finished...Get a life...Some of you other schools would love to have their "down" years...If you think that they are finished you'd better think again. Let's see...they haven't been to the 'Boro...one year...how long has it been since Kingsport has been...1992 maybe...no comparison but keep on dreaming, maybe someday you will turn into Science Hill.

I agree that DB fans are acting like what Elizabethon, Bristol, or South fans act like when we lose. However, this is how everyone reacted to DB getting beat in basketball until the mid 90s rolled around. With a couple of more successful seasons, we will be back to that status. Science hill's talent is declining because they don't have any Jovann's and Field's any more. But the system is in place and as long as Poe can get his players to buy into that, they are going to be real good. People forget that Poe is a great coach. When he was at Crockett, he was the best coach in NET not named Pitts. As much as I hate to say it, they aren't going away anytime soon..

They no respect thing also comes from the player and coach reaction not just the fans......after that game first DB - SH meeting ....... Coach Poe led the Toppers off the court WITHOUT shaking a single DB player or coaches hand.....THe DB boys were lined up and the SH players turned around and left the court.....