Class A State Tourney?? Who are the favorites??

Volunatic

Harriman is a team that has 2 players that keep them in the game and one of them is not even a starter. They are Little and Fuque. If you can stop them and hope that they press you then anyone can beat them. As for the "notjustafan" There you go crying about not getting to play on your own floor again. You know there is no way that you all are going to win a game at state because you are not that good. You guys won just the 2nd quarter, even though that was enough, think about that for a min. With 2 starters out, one with 3 fouls and the other with 2, you all outscrored the Lady Indians enough in that ONE QUARTER to last the rest of the game. I also want to say that I have figured out why you all had such a good record and that was because you did not play anybody. Cosby would have run you all into the ground again, so will Harriman, so will every other team at state. I have seen a lot of really good teams play this year, you all are ok, but you are not very good. Well atleast you all get to take that about 6 hour trip to Murphresboro.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think trenton can bring the gold ball back west as they have only lost to 13AA power gibson co this year (all 3 losses)

i believe they go to waynesboro for camp and play ezell, fra, wayne co etc can anyone from those schools tell us how the camp games looked. i know camp games dont mean much but i was just wanting to know if they were competitive with those 3 teams?

First off to Oneidafan, You dont have to hate just because you are sitting at home when we are playing in the Boro'. You are free to make the trip anyway. LOL And the about the series being 5-5 or 6-4 either way, thats way off. I have been to EVERY lander ball game, and i can tell you right now you didnt get to see the Lander team that i see night after night. If we would have played 10 games then u would get to see what i see. U at most would get 2 out of 10. And thats just giving you the fact that Cloudland would have to play at your school, and you might could pull it off at your home court. And who has ever been happy with winning 3 quarters! The landers did what they had to do to win. Weather that be lead all quarters by one or lose 3 they still got the Win. About us playing again after Wendsday, who knows. Moore County has lost to both Ezell and Harriman, so i think we have a great shot of advancing to the second round. Here is the difference between our teams---SIZE SIZE SIZE. I have said it a million times. All we had to do is put both our 6-2 girls in at the same time and feed them the ball and the game would have been ugly.

And for your information, i did play ball for Cloudland. And guess what my picture will be hanging in the halls soon. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME???? My team went 23-7 and i was one of the only two single A players named to the ALL-UPPER EAST TN team 1A-5A. Trust, i know my ball. Now what about you Oneidafan??? Lets her about all your wanna be skills.

Now to 23CHOC and everyone else who says that Cloudland wins because of the teams they play. I took the time to do this for you all:

Cloudland:

29-4 overall

10 out of 11 against 2A schools

-2 of the 2A teams played in the 2A sub-state games!-

16 out of 17 against 1A schools

Beat 3 4-A teams in NC and won the Tourny

Oneida:

19-13 overall

Only team faced that wasnt 1A was York Institue, who they lost two both times (51-42)&(58-37). And York Institue didnt advance past the Regional Tourny.

Harriman:

30-5 overall

29 out of 30 against 1A teams

1 out of 5 against 2A teams

The 2A teams that beat them were Oliver Springs and Kingston. Kingston didnt advance past regional, and neither did Oliver Springs.

Moore Co.:

32-4 overall

won 25 out of 27 vs. 1A teams

spilt 1 out of 2 with 2A Lincoln Co.

4 out of 5 against 3A teams

The Lincoln Co. team (2A) that they spilt with was 8-17 on the season and didnt reach past the district tourny. And the other 2A team they played was 14-15 on the season. The 3A teams that they faced were Lebanon, which didnt make it out of the district tourny and Mt. Juliet, who went 7-17 for the season and got put out also at district tourny.

Ezell :

27-5 on the year

22 out of 23 on 1A schools

0 out of 1 vs. 3A

4 out of 5 against D-II schools

They 2A teams Ezell faced were Page and Harpeth. Page got put out at Sub-state and Harpeth got sent home during the Regional Tourny. Ezell lost to a 3A school (Hickman) that finished 15-13 on the year and got put out during the Regional tourny. The D-II team (Harpeth Hall) that Ezell lost to has advanced to the Boro to play. And another D-II team got put out at Regional.

So take this how ever you want, but in my opinion Cloudland plays just as hard if not HARDER teams. And has the record to prove that they can compete with good teams. So dont be counting the Landers out just yet.

Good luck to all teams making the trip to the big dance!!!

GO CHS!!!!

[Edited by notjustafan on 3-9-03 5:34P]