What do you think about the Seymour Lady Eagles?

whodeewho

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UCLADYDEVILSFAN

I'm with you Goosevol. We wish them well but I don't think they'll come home with the gold. I think they're just lucky that they've made it this far. In the sub-state game last night they didn't shoot very well although our team didn't either but I was very surprised with Seymour. I thought they'd beat Unicoi County by 10-20 points from what I'd heard. Perhaps they had a bad night but they'll have to do better than that to win the big one.

The Refs were awfully hard on Unicoi County if they couldn't get the girls fouled out with a defensive foul then they fouled them out with OFFENSIVE fouls. Our girls were afraid to try to go in to the basket after the Refs started calling the offensvie fouls. We lost several points the Refs took away for that plus they fouled out all our starters and the last one in the game had four fouls on her. We had nearly double the fouls called on our team than what Seymour had. It was pretty Sad!

:)

Guest Dwolfe

We were killed in the post all night last night against UC. You can say all you want that UC should have won and that we are lucky we even made it to state. That's easy for people on the outside to say. We have worked our butts off for this opprotunity all season long and we deserve it regardless of what anyone says. We may not when the gold , we may not even make it past the first round, but we are gonna bring everything we've got. We have plenty of support in our community and in our school and with our families . I love everyone one of you girls like sisters. We've been thru alot this season and have stuck with each other thru good times and the hard times of going thru a new coach. We have worked hard to get here and we've said all season this is what we've wanted , so lets bring it !!!! :D

I dont know if I will take LA by 25 points. Seymour is capable of playing with LA. IF LA doesnt have anyone that can matchup with Johnson, then she can score 30 plus points. Seymour likes low scoring games and if they can c9ontral the tempo and shut down Beechbaord they way the did laura Hall in the first three quarters in their victory over the Lady Cats, then Seymour can win this game.

Like OS with Hall, LA is very similar in how Beechbaord dictates the flow of the game. Seymour cant afford any letdowns as they did against Hall in that last 4th quarter.

[Edited by OS91 on 3-9-03 1:10P]