MJ vs. Shelbyville-a Biblical thing

flngrvy

You see, David was a young boy, (like the three freshmen, two sophomores that start for Mt. Juliet), who didn't know he was supposed to be afraid of Goliath. It just took one smooth stone to slay the giant. You got to play the games not just write down winners to fill out a bracket. Shelbyville better duck because it just takes one smooth stone. ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry MJ there will be no throwing of stones Thursday. Trust me I've seen Shelbyville play during the regular season and I've seen them play in the post-season. Only the Kentucky Wildcats are playing better defense.(they will put a choke hold on your offense) Mj fans don't come to the game expecting to much. I've got a feeling this one is going to hurt!!!!!!!

I have to agree with flngrvy, you can talk about the game all you want, but, nothing matters other than the final score. I have seen MJ play several times this year and it looks like they are playing their best ball now. I have only read about Shelbyville and I am sure they have a great team as they usually do. But, don't count your chickens......if you know what I mean. Mt. Juliet will show up and I doubt they will be intimidated by anyone.

Good luck to both teams!!

I'm not trying to start a theological discussion, this IS a girls basketball board, but the statement concerning David and the fact that he didn't know he was supposed to be scared is not exactly the way this analogy should be presented. The Lord sent Samuel to Jesse of Bethlehem, in order to choose a king of Israel from among Jesse's sons. Jesse presented seven sons to Samuel, with Samuel thinking each should be worthy, each one tall, athletic, and strong. But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected these. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." When Samuel asked if there were any others, Jesse was forced to send for David, his youngest, out tending the sheep. The youngest, smallest son in the bunch was David. Picked by the Lord to be the one. HEART, boys, HEART. That's what separates us from them, and always will. Go Lady Bears! :D

I'm wondering what would happen IF MJ did defeat Shelbyville. Here are some things that would surely transpire afterwards.

1) The Shelbyville fans would be crying and whining that the referees had cheated them.

2) Insell would pout. He might even go sit up in the stands while the awards are presented.

3) The Shelbyville Times-Gazette would run down the officiating.

4) Mount Juliet would be renamed "the Mount of Transfiguration"

5) At least one Mt. Juliet player's parents would be contacted about possible "relocation" in Bedford County.

and when Shelbyville wins everyone is going to be saying...why did they run the score up on Mt. Juliet. Those girls are only freshmen and sophomores, they didnt deserve that. Insell didnt take his starters out until the third quarter, that is sooo wrong. I can hear the whining and crying now.

I agree with gomabsilk. I know MJ is on a fairy tale ride this post season. But guess what the clock strikes 12 thursday night. I'm making a bold prediction: Shelbyville in a laugher. As a matter of fact here is how the game is going to go.

player intro: mj fans go wild. that will be the last you hear from mj

opening tip: controlled by shelbyville. basket alex fuller, basket ashleigh newman, 3 pointer whitney tate, basket alex fuller, 3 pointer kim dye.

Am i making sense? if a mj can do is shoot 3's they might as well not show up. they are going to have a hard enough tryingto run their offense let alone shoot 3's. and please don't try to go to the basket, because all you will hear is "get that out of here".