Stratford Football Job

coachtut

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell us oh dark one, methinks something is afoot in your mind! Tell us undeducated ones the real workings of the Stratford front office.....Is is it considered friendly or non-friendly towards the great game of football? I know that know one would no better than you... because of your unique history.......

Hey shadow, many of these guys on here do not have a clue what it takes to be a coach at Stratford. I have coached at Stratford in the past, and I believe I know. I know you know, but you know the school day is not the best. Can they hack it? That is the question. Most I think can not. I know that it could be a good situation for a thick-skinned coach who can handle a different kind of school day. Oh well, we will see. :rolleyes:

Pantehergam, what's the lowdown, the skinny so to speak? A little advice on the front end is much better than finding out on the backend. Shadow, same questin to you because I know you know first hand what the situation over there is! Please spell out all of the negatives!

I coached at stratford in 1994 w/Bubba,Richard and Paul Guidry. It was fun after school.The kids gave great effort and they wanted to be good. But inside during the school day was tough. I will say this and I don't know any of the administrators there now,but if discipline is lacking in the school it is very difficult to have it on the team.I have lost touch with Paul over the years but I felt like it was a very good football coach then and he should have s shot if he wants to be a Head Coach

No one has mentioned his name; however, I think Richard Herzog would be a perfect candidate for the job at Stratford! Far better than Smith or most of the other names I have heard mentioned! Does anyone know if he is interested in the job? He is a well respected man and a great defensive mind!

Here are the names I have heard may be on the list of applicants for the job:

Broome

Smith

Bodenhamer

Atkins

Murray

Baskin

Herzog

Gore

Gentry

[Edited by caesar on 3-18-03 5:07P]