Perry Co. V Temple

dizzymeup

I would like to say thanks to all of you who are offering support and encouragement to Perry County. I think it is great when players and fans from other teams can support each other. I really believe the Vikings can beat Temple. It is nice to see that some others agree. Win or lose, we are behind our boys all the way. Go Vikings!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree BeckyB I too want to Thank all that are supporting the Vikings from other teams. The Vikings are a very hard working and talented team. They can win this game if they play smart and don't make mistakes. But no matter what happens on Wednesday Perry County will always stand behind our team and support them. We have followed this team from their 1st game until whenever their last game will be but we all know here in Perry County that "The Boys are Back in Town" to do a job and they can do it.Play hard and do your best Vikings. Your dreams can come true if you want it too. It is all up to what you want. GOOD LUCK VIKINGS

I think it is amazing how much emotion gets generated by a contest between youg men. You would think the family fortune or something even more significant was at risk on the outcome.

I haven't seen Temple play but I believe it will be the Gray/Skogen matchup that will be the single most deciding factor. If Jonathan can contain Skogen to 10 points or less, it will be a difference that could determine the winner. It is team defense that wins when two really good teams play. I can assure everyone that both teams have players that can bury the basketball if no one gets in their face.

Good luck to both teams. (but I really would like to see Perry win)

If Perry can hold Jacob Skogen to 10 points, then they definitely deserve to win the game. If Skogen remains true to form, he'll have at least 10 points at the free throw line alone. Caleb Skogen will probably score at least 10, and Ryan Wadley has had great offensive rhythm in the post season.

As I mentioned yesterday, Perry vs Temple has the makings of an incredible game. The match ups and styles of play that each team brings to the court should make for a dramatic game. As the saying goes, "Offense wins games. Defense wins championships." Whoever plays the best defense will be the victor on Wednesday. Turnovers will be key as well.

I was just wondering how Temple would match up to Perry County with their size and all. I heard Jake was the biggest player for Temple and I just didn't see him guarding Richardson down low because of possible foul trouble. Good Luck Vikings-- I'm taking off Wednesday--I hope I have to take off Friday too....Bring home #7!!!!!!

I don't think the size matchups will be huge problem, Temple did beat Ezell last year when they had Terrell. If Perry County were to hold Skogen to less than 10 then they would probably be triple-teaming him the whole game which would leave at least two of Temple's shooters open, and they usually have about 4 guys that can shoot the rock from deep, in the game at all times. I have never seen Perry County play so I can't make a prediction, but I have seen Temple play and know they are very good. They are also very beatable, just as any team is. I would think Temple would win this game, but would not be too surprised if they were beat because PC took advantage of the few weaknesses that I think I have spotted watching Temple. I won't say what they are because I would love for Temple to win it again and think they have great guys on the team and a great coach. Good luck Temple, and stay focused and hungry for 3 more. If you're focused and intense, I have no doubt that you'll win it again.

Don't noone think for a minute Perry County will lay down and give up. THis year they have played better in the 4th quarter than all the other quarters. They are in great shape and can play the whole game without any problem. Temple may win but I can tell you the Vikings will make them work hard for it because they want it unlike Temple which had it last year. The end of the game will tell the winner but I can tell you the Vikings will not give the game to them they are very good and are as talented as Temple. BEST OF LUCK VIKINGS.WE have nothing to prove. We are going to the Boro happy to go. Temple has the pressure not Perry County. We have proved we are good that is all we set out for this year. Temple has the championship from last year for us to challenge them for. GO VIKINGS

Perry Co. has plenty of pressure on them. They are going into the tournament as the #1 team, a position that they've held all season. Also, simply because Temple won last year doesn't mean they don't want to win every game in Murfreesboro again this year.

As I mentioned in a previous post, defense and turnovers will determine the outcome of this game.