Perry Co. V Temple

dizzymeup

Who says Temple can't guard the post, I Do and I have seen them play at least 7 times this year. We got every shot we wanted to get every time we played them, they dont gaurd the post good and they dont gaurd the 3 good either. If it is true that Pery has 5 guys who are good they will beat temple, becuause temple has only about two and a half.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone will know the outcome until Wednesday. Everyone can just guess. Fact is Perry County can play and Temple can play. Now the opinions are different on who will win but one thing people need to remember is that these are kids who will do their best trying to win the game. I hope the people will remember these kids are trying hard and want to win no matter what the score. It will be alot of pressure on both teams.I wish for the Perry County Vikings to win and I give them alot of credit for making it to the state. They have worked very hard. Best of luck to the Perry County Vikings. PLay hard,play smart and enjoy every minute because these are memories to be cherished for a lifetime that alot of kids never get to experience.

I think perry county will beat Temple by at least fifteen, Temple doesn't have anyone who can guard Richardson. If they "try" to put Wadley on him then he will shoot over him. If they "try" to put Skogen on him he wil blow right past him. Skogen is too slow to guard richardson. The only thing Perry Co. has to do is run a triangle 2 and they will Beat Temple and send them home. Temple is a 2 man team and thats all they have. Them beating Celina in the Sub-state was a fluke. Temple cannot play defense at all.

I have seen Temple play three or four times this year and several times over the last twenty years. I saw Perry County dimantle Columbia Academy in the District finals last season. I have watched PC for many years, having grown up in Columbia.

These two programs are so similar it is eery.

They both have rich basketball traditions. PC's tradition runs a little deeper, but then I believe it is the richest in the state of Tennessee! Temple's tradition for the last eight to ten years is as good as anyone's in the state.

Both have very supportive communities. Perry County's community lives for basketball. Temple's Highland Park Baptist community also is very passionate about the sport.

Both have skilled players. I give the inside edge to PC with Chase Richardson. I have seen him develop into a fine player over the last five years. He is intense and talented. I give the outside edge to Temple. They shoot the ball as well as anyone. They have good ball handlers at all five positions. Wadley and Skogen (the seniors) could play major roles for any high school team in the state.

Who will win? I give the edge to Temple. They are defending state champs. They did it last year against a very good field. They have guarded big men (Terrell and Herndon last year) and smaller guys (several examples). They will win this game and the state championship. As I have said before, anything less will be a major disappointment.

Supersteve, That was a very good post, well thought out and articulated, but I do have one question. Although I do not disagree that our guys, (Temple) will be disappointed with a loss in any of the next three games, do you think the same can be said of Perry County? Will anything but a gold ball be a disappointment for them after being rated #1 all season?

One other question, we know that Richardson is a player, and we have great respect for the rest of their team as well, would you say that he is better in the post than say, Rocky Nichols from Hancock? I choose Rocky because they are about the same size.

Thanks

Guest BBallPrince

That is a very good question. I have seen Hancock and Perry County both play this year, and I was hoping for a match up in state because the Richardson v. Rocky would be a great game. Comparing these two are hard. I feel Rocky would be the stronger post play while Richardson is a better all around player. He can shoot the 3, but mostly he gets his other teammates involved, he averages around 5-6 assist per game. He's the key to their offence and defense, if temple gets him in foul trouble the game will be over. Good Luck to both teams and THIS IS THE GAME OF THE YEAR IN SINGLE A BASKETBALL!! DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!

Two very good questions and thanks for the compliment!

First question. Perry County is ALWAYS disappointed with less than a state championship! When you have won six titles anything less is a disappointment. My point is that Temple won last year and had their two key scorers (and last year's tourney MVP) coming back. You know as well as I do that the state rankings are for the press and fans only. They are really irrelevant. Ask Columbia Academy from last year. They spent most of the season at one or two and lost in the district finals to unranked Perry County.

Second question. I have only seen Rocky Nichols a couple of times. I have seen Chase Richardson over the last five years many times. They are both good big men. Rocky is a little bigger, I think. Richardson is a little stronger, I think. Richardson may be surrounded by better players. (Don't sell Gray and Rhodes short!) I give the versatility edge to Richardson. Nichols may have a little better "up" side because he has a little bigger frame. Neither one are as good or as big as Boomer Herndon (now at UT) or Juliam Terrell (now at Vandy) were last year. Temple handled both of them very well.