3A state predictions

TheAnswer9

i agree that gallatin team two yrs ago was a lot better than just morgan.

but as TJ stated Hamilton always finds a way to lose at the state tourney.

Luna is a GREAT Coach.

Do not underestimate Hville. Andy wicke can shoot lights out. If wadale doesn't stick him Columbia loses(period).

[Edited by cobrafan90 on 3-12-03 3:01P]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Columbia play, but suspect that they will be unable to stop the barrage of three balls that Hendersonville brings. It is not just the Wicke kid. They had a back-up post player hit three crucial treys against Whites Creek. The Hendersonville players work hard to get their teammate a clean shot, whereas most teams have players working hard to get their own clean look. I would be surprised if Columbia has the perimeter play to shut them down. But then I have not seen Columbia play. I know that Wadale is supposed to be something special, but it will take a team effort to beat the Commandos. And most teams do not have the discipline defensively and break down after the second or third pass. Hendersonville players are very unselfish. Penetrate hard and pitch it out to the perimeter. If you do not rotate and jump the passsing lane....you will find out how potent a weapon the three ball really is.

I cant believe that some people think that Columbia cant beat H'ville. Columbia has been playing good lately and they are not going out in the first round. They are to focus and working to hard to go down that early. They are going to overlooking them,they will take it one game at a time. Columbia likes being in the underdog role,because they have been picked to get beat in there last 3 or 4 games and they have came out on top. Prove everybody wrong COLUMBIA, HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Did anybody see the UConn-Villanova women's game. Change the uniforms to Hamilton and Gallatin, and you'll see the same thing. Ted Anderson doesn't adjust his game plan for his opponent. He said last year that he was really disappointed to get kncoked out by a school he'd never heard of...when Cordova is a pretty well-known part of Memphis. He doesn't call plays, he doesn't scout, he just runs practice, yells at his players, and substitutes. Bobby Luna will put together a game plan that will beat Hamilton. It will just be up to his players to execute it. Anderson does less with more better than just about any other coach in Memphis, if not the state. If he doesn't just have a stable of D-I prospects 6-6 or taller every year, he doesn't manage a .500 record, much less a state appearance.

To quote Ted himself:

"We'll play our way."

Hamilton plays their style of play VERY well. Ted Anderson just doesn't know how to adjust when his style isn't working. Hamilton's talent is often enough to get them through their district, finish second in their district, and win the sectional. But when they get to state, they choke. Hamilton's 2001 team was definitely more talented than Bartlett's and Bartlett dominated. And can anyone forget that loss in the first round of district in 1998 to 2-26 South Side?

Yeah they had more talent than bartlett, but bartlett doesnt win on talent alone. That year they had an unselfish team that wanted to win. They played smart and aggresive defense. It doesnt take a whole lot of talent when you dont have to outscore a team everynight. They simply out defended any team they played. That's hubie and john's style, though john has moved on to briarcrest. Good luck next year coach h!!

I'm not going to lie and say Columbia can beat White Station but they'll give them a run for their money. Columbia's talent reminds me of Stratford's last year but they're just a little bit deeper. But, they have a team full of athletes and don't count them out so fast.

Wadale for Mr.Basketball

Dominique.... I love this year's Columbia team, and hope they win State, but they were no where near as good as last year's Stratford team.... Though not deep, that team had Marco, one of the most underrated players in the entire state in Jeremy Stephens, a major athlete that excelled at the HS level in Miles Campbell, a Sparkman-like McKever, and a talented Henry Harris, with David Miller off the bench. There may not have been a better trio (outside of White Station) last year than Polk, Stephens, and Campbell--WOW!!!