Bradley / Greenville

PTP4life

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Greenville play against Science Hill twice this season and if their big guy stays out of foul trouble, then they should have a good showing at the tourney. He's incredible and has a soft shooting touch. not too many high school kids at 6'10" can shoot the 3ball with consistency like he does.

[Edited by jjwsiv on 3-12-03 3:52P]

You can't be serious in thinking that those guys are that much better than anyone Greeneville has on their team. G'ville is a three man team, but those three are very good. Poore(6/3), Blair(6/7), and Malone(6/9) will all play ball at the next level. The kids you mentioned are all excellent players, but I trust Jeff Lebo's opinion more than most people on this board about the potential of a player. Malone will be a very good player at Chattanooga. The kids you've mentioned could all go on to better programs than the G'ville kids, but why make a blanket statement that they are all better......

Its no secret that Greeneville is the underdog. I didn't think they would make it this far by any means, going into Maryville and winning a sub-state game was a big accomplishment, and a shocker to alot of people (the majority of people really). I don't know how many more cylinders G'ville had to run on in their win @ Maryville, but it will take at least that many and then some to go into the big glass house and steal a win from Bradley. Their sub-state win will seem like a cake walk compared to this first round matchup. I personally cant wait to see it all ;)

Greeneville has a solid starting five. No one can match up with Blair (22) or Malone (34). Those two are dominate. You try and shut one down and the other will burn you. Just ask Maryville....Blair torched them for 18, while Poore (40) was lighting it up from 3 point land. Don't count the Greene Devils out. Maybe Blair and Malone can show the Bears what it is like to give the crowd some rim-rattling slam dunks. Coach Duncan has over a week to prepare for Bradley Central. He will know everything they do...probably better than the Bradley players themselves. I have heard the Bears do not have good post defense. If that is the case then they are in trouble. Good luck to the Greene Devils. It won't be a shock to me when you guys leave with a victory!!

Guest bigo40

Go ahead and talk...sometimes you get the bear but sometimes the bear gets you! This year few have gotten the bears....Greenville is next in line. You may be right but I think I'll just go ahead and attend the game and decide who is the best when the final buzzer sounds.

Kellen, I hope you and Justin are reading this!! Too bad to hear about us not having much post play!!!Let's go show the state we are for real!!! :)

If Bradley doesn't have a great post presence that won't really matter all that much. Science Hill beat Greeneville 3 times this year and SH really only has 3 good post players and the tallest player was only 6'7, the other two were 6'2 and 6'3 and the 6'7 Barcel was not the most solid post they had. Ask SH and they'll tell you it can be done. I pick Bradley to win this one. Period.

Guest mj123456

I think that Bradley will pull this one out. I have seen them play alot this year, even in their worst few minutes of play they were still able to beat the #3 team in the state (Cleveland). They are the type of team that if someone is having an off night then they have someone else stepping and making big things happen. Whether it is on offense or defense.

I know Greenville has some real good posts, but im not so sure they can gaurd Bradley's post. Im not saying the bears post will beat them inside, but everygame ive been to, the bears posts ( Suiter and Brown) have hit a lot of shots outside. Bradley can force the big guys to come out and gaurd them and then its all over because Bradley has 3 gaurds who can drive and finish strongly. It will be interesting to see what Greenville does on defense to stop Bradley. GO BEARS!!!!