Jackson vs. Westview

85warrior

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the state tournament and saw her play in every game. I would not goes as far as certain people to say that I am not impressed. She is a good player and has signed with TN Tech. I do think that TTU will have a problem with her. Hopefully she will fall into place at college and not think she is Miss Everything at Tech. If she does, she will get splinters in her butt from riding the pine. In the Cahmpionship game vs. Jackson Co. she played like she was the only person on her team. She wouldn't pass the ball to wide open posts or cutting guards in the paint. Instead she pulled up between half-court and the 3-point line and bricked all her 3's. She had double-figure points at the half, but she didn't do what a college-bound player should. Now, you can tell me she is the star and was trying to do too much because she wanted to win so badly, but none of the matters. If you are going to be selfish like that in a game as big as the state championship, you could at least make it worth it by bringing home gold. She disappointed me by the way she played so selfishly and disrespected her other 4 'fabs'. There are others on the team besides her. Fuqua, Farrell, DeSantis, Bellamy, all those other girls, I give you a huge pat on the back for putting up with a player like that all season. They did make it to the State and you could say that it was because of Cavin, but everyone knows that it is because of those other girls that Cavin has her Miss Basketball nomination. I give Westview credit for being a great TEAM but I turn my back on Cavin for playing so selfishly.

You are an idiot, plain and simple.......All that kid did was try her very best to bring home a gold ball. It didn't work out that way on this night, the better team won, but don't you dare get on here and down any kid from Westview.....they put their hearts and efforts for the last 6 years in trying to win this gold ball and for some idiot to come on here and question that is stupid and not needed. Kendall has more guts and determination that any kid I have ever seen and will be fine at Tennessee Tech. They are lucky to have her. Question the coaches, staff or anyone else you want, but leave the kids out of it.

:rolleyes:

Guest unclecooopa

you are a freeking idiot! where do you come up with these notions about being selfish and cocky? do us all a favor and log-out now, so we don't have to waste our time reading garbage from uninformed freeking idiots like you.

sit on it, potsy.

Guest bigdandspecialk

How many times have you seen Kendall Cavin play? Yes, she has had the majority of the points for her team this year, but she has had many assists. She is not selfish!!!!!!! She is an incredible ball player and does exactly what her coach tells her to do. She didn't have to shoot as much as she did, but if the coach says shoot, she will. You need to get some tapes of all of her games and watch her attitude towards her teammates and to the other teams. She never appears to be cocky and she even sat out for more than 1 quarter of the Seymour game and her teammates played the game without her and they won. How about that? Please watch what you say on here. I'm not downing any off the Jackson County girls. They were good. However, they did not have a stand out. Where is Andrea Davidson when you need her? Kendall will be one othe best players TTU has because she is probably the most coachable athletes on the court. You better apologize for the mean things you said and get your facts straight.

juanton69:

Just wanted to share a lesson I learned. Earlier this season against Gibson Co, I felt that Cavin celebrated to the point of taunting the other team. Truth is, I don't know whether Cavin intended to be taunting and you don't know whether she is selfish. Seeing her in 1 game doesn't give us the authority to judge her. I've seen her several times since and I believe that she just loves to play basketball and gets excited about it. Selfish is not a word that would describe her play in any game that I've seen. I learned and you should to that the folks that know her on and off the court have a much better point of reference to know what kind of player and person she is. Those people have nothing but praise for her as an all around person and that is enough for me. There is no call to get on here and down someone in the manner that you did. One thing that was evident about Westview is that they played as a team and supported each other. You don't make it to the state championship without that type of togetherness. I hope that you'll use this venue as a place to support your team and talk about basketball without downing any young person and, in this case, Cavin's play and career speak for themselves. Congratulations to her and the Westview Chargers on a great year!

The Westview Chargers played a wonderful season. Even though they did not win the championship, they did beat all of the other teams that they faced, earning them 2nd place in the state. That is very impressive and I congratulate them. I don't think it is fair to talk about Kendall in such a negative way. She and all of Westview's team pulled together in these games to give Westview a name to be proud of. Teamwork was the key to getting so far, and Kendall added to that teamwork. She is an awesome athlete and there is no reason for her not to shoot when she has averaged close to 30 points this season. I believe she deserved MVP of the tournament, but I congratulate the other girl. That is a very high honor.

I wish all of the seniors the best of luck in their future careers.

I am certain that Coach Worrell feels he will have a "problem" with Kendall - that's exactly why HE SIGNED HER, you idiot.

There are several college coaches out there who were willing to have a "problem" with her -- that's why she had to make a CHOICE as to where to go to school.

I've watched KJ play since 4th grade (remember that carpet-burn gym at the elementary school?? ouch!). I've never seen her on the floor when she wasn't going 275mph and giving 110% - you can't coach that, it's just something that coaches love to have a "problem" with.

I'm sure you will read this when you get back from the bank to cash the checks college coaches are sending you in abundance in return for your evaluations on their prospects; oh, I mean their "problems"...

Get a life. You are another person who is upset because she is not coming to your school to play.

Every single college in West Tennessee is kicking themselves for letting her get away.

Westview and Miss Cavin deserve you congratulations, not you disapproval.

[Edited by thebeave on 3-17-03 10:12P]