Why can't Greenfield get any respect!!!!

Guest KG

Come on now guys. I think it is just getting flat out stupid some of the comments that are being made. We made it to the state championship game and people wanna say that we choked! How many teams have you heard of that wasn't suppose to make out of the region tournament making to the final game and choking. I mean we were to underdog from day one and people wanna say that we choked! :confused: And now people are attacking one of our players for making a post thanking everyone for doubting them and then thanking the fans from G-field for supporting him and teammates. They are telling him that he just stands around and takes up space and that he plays dirty and that he looked horrible in warm-ups. I mean come people get over how great that yall thought yall were and give credit were credit is due. Greenfield made it to final game of the year and deserved to be there as much and more than any other team did. So please somebody give these boys the respect they deserve cause they worked their tails off from day one and then proved everybody wrong. Since when has America not liked an underdog.

KG and Greenfield. You fellas have nothing to be ashamed of. You had an excellent season. You were definitely one of the two best TEAMS that I saw at the state tourney, and I have no doubt that you deserved to be in the state final. You handled yourselves with a great deal of poise throughout, and had a great team concept. I could tell that everyone knew their role and wanted to do their best in contributing to the team's success. Also, your fans were incredible!!! Congratulations on a great season; and you need to look at it that way - as a season, not just one game. Back in '98 when Duke lost to UConn in the NCAA finals, Coach K had nothing but praise for his boys about the great season that they had. I hope Greenfield can make Coach K's advice their own. Excellent job. You have my respect.

"You cant make people respect you, you earn it."

Lets quit starting threads about Greenfield not getting any respect, dont worry about it. You cant make people brag on Greenfield, even now as State Runnerups, if they only knew that they were helping to motivate us. Greenfield had a great season and set the standards for future Greenfield teams.

[Edited by Greenfieldfan on 3-26-03 11:10A]

I will give Greenfield a great deal of respect. They were athletic, well-conditioned, disciplined and played with great effort. I loved Tyler Porter and Brandon(?) Shane. I can't remember the names of #3, #24, and #34. (I may be wrong about those numbers, but the other three starters were excellent.) They were a well-balanced team that played great defense and intelligent offense. Second place to a two-time state champ is no shame! Congratulations 'Jackets!

While we were waiting for our semi-final game the other day, I really enjoyed watching Greenfield's fans. I bragged on them for several days. I enjoyed the fact that they did the cheers with their cheerleaders and actually had a few crowd cheers. I liked that they all had on the same color. They were loud throughout the whole game.

I congratulate the team on making it that far. I was glad they defeated University High.