Brentwood Academy-Next 4 Years (State Champs)

clay9

I will be shocked if BA does not win the next four basketball state championships in a row. The upcoming 8th grade class is as good as there is around. If I am not mistaken they have not lost a game since they have been there (maybe someone can clear that up)! The freshmen class is loaded with Wright, Bone, and others (Beasley). The sophmores and juniors are also extremely athletic. Finally, Scott Reall will be playing next year, he started his freshmen and sophomore years.

BA may turn into a basketball factory in DII the next few years, because the divison will be extremely weak. BA has put together a great system the last 4 or 5 years in basketball from there Jr. High on up to High School (I think they have a good 6th grade program also)??

Get used to it DII, BA has been down athletically. But there is a reason Coach Flatt came back (even though he got outcoached by Rutledge this year)!!

Congratulations BA (for the next four years also)!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although that may be pretty accurate, I would not count Father Ryan out just yet. The upcoming 9th grade class has some potential with Joe Thompson's little brother stepping up along with Dan Langhi's cousin. Thompson's little brother is supposed to be an even better shooter than Thompson, and Langhi is 6'8 and will add muscle over time. It will be fun and interesting over the next couple years in DII.

Clay, I hope you're right! Though I won't be in Brentwood after this year (college awaits at UT in the fall), I'd love to see my Eagles bring home the gold ball multiple times. Still, though, there are plenty of other good teams in Division 2 that will challenge BA. It will never be easy. GaryKnows informatively points out that Father Ryan will be around (after all, they are too well-coached to fall by the wayside), as will Notre Dame, Harding Academy, and many other schools.

Brentwood Academy will be incredible for years to come, but let's not count the trophies just yet. I know all too well the consequences that occur when complacency sneaks in.

Go Eagles!!

Actually, those 8th graders lost several games as 7th graders. They won every tournament they played in this past year, although I'm not sure why they didn't play in the TNT. The current Sophomore class also won every tournament they played in, including the TNT, which remains the best year ever by a BA middle school team. I actually don't see many, if any of the current 8th graders getting much PT next season.

A lot of young talent at BA. They will be tough, but they will not simply waltz away with the crown every year...Father Ryan will remain tough, Briarcrest is a very young and improving team, and MBA will be back.

Brentwood and briarcrest will have furture in the state championship for the next two years. Briarcrest has every player coming back and Brentwood has 2 are 3 leaving. This will become a great match up. Brentwood has a player name Brandon Wright. Joshu Bone really didn't impress me a lot. Chris Slay is a good defender. He guard me. Briarcrest has Brandon Berry who has 2 years of experience at the varisty level as a somp. Brian Moffat who started all 3 years at b-crest. Trey Lampkin is there shooter.

although i will not knock BA because they are loaded right now,a nd they have a great coach, we are still talkin about 8th graders right now. and yes Scotty is playing next year, and he will b the most experienced player they have, u cant say that the next 4 years are there just because of 8th graders. brandon is excellent, barry is great and everyone who hsa played david knows he is a beast. that is why i say that right now they are loaded. next year will be fun watchin scotty play next to joshua bone and mason.(even tho mason will prolly loose major minutes)for what they have right now they are very set, but we can not assume anything of 8th graders. they have a great coach, who will try his best to make them as good as they can be, but only if they want to be that good. also, i would say that yes the division will not be particularly strong next year, but i count on darrell hardin, curtic mccord, and especially matt addison, 3 returning starters from USN to be very very special next year. matt should probably take all state honers with his 23ppg average, and darrel averages right abour 13. both of those numbers should go up, and the streaky shooting curtis mccord should be up there as well. i know that matt and curtis are set to play aau with the mustangs(i think that is the name) and rumor has it that they may receive the services of a very good player from up in pulaski tennessee.(keep in mind that that is just a rumor)these along with a few oakland players should make that aau team a very formidable opponent, and one who will be able to challende yomca for the best int he state. but back to the topic, while BA has a very veyr very bright future with the great players that they have right now, i would never say that a team is a lock due to an upcoming freshman class, because middle school and highschool are two very veyr different things.

That's for sure!! People who assume that the players will carry right on from middle school to high school have just not played at that level. Going up against a senior with experience and several more years of strength training behind them isn't a piece of cake! Guards can do it to some degree, but the big guys are not all Brandon Wright!!

Regarding who plays how much next year, I don't see Scotty playing point. He didn't play much point in 2001/2002. He's more of a natural 2 guard, (as is Josh Bone) and Mason will play at least as much as he did this year in my view. The team simply ran better when he was in the game.

I presume the 10 man rotation will still be in effect next season, and nobody will play more than 20 minutes per game on average. I am amazed that more coaches don't use that philosophy, as BA and White Station do. They simply wore teams down late in games.

As for USN's chances next year...unless something miraculous happens...no way.

I am not trying to say that any of the 8th graders will play next year. I am sorry if that is what it looked like I was saying. It is hard to win at that level with 9th graders playing valuable minutes for anyone.

I know that the 8th graders lost some as 7th graders. Someone told me that they did not lose any 6th grade games, 7th grade games (when they played just that grade) and 8th grade games. I need to be more clear.

I just think they will be better than everyone, because everyone says the 8th, 9th and 10th graders are extremely athletic. MBA is really down, a BA person said that they have beaten them really good the last 3 years.

Who knows? That is why they play it on the court, but they will be hard to beat. BA is starting to get athletes who are basketball players, and not just strictly football players.

By the way who's going to coach MBA???

saying that mason revellette wont play as much next year is kind of foolish. he was a very good point guard this year. he made very crisp passes and did not turn the ball over much. he is pretty short but i can definately see him playing point guard in college much like a russell lakey at vanderbilt, not a huge scoring threat but breaks the press and makes the key passes. but yeah, i would not count on father ryan. also, watch baylor, their football team is loaded with athletes and im sure that they will bring in some good basketball players soon from out of state.

The only reason why the 8th graders lost "many" times as 7th graders is because the good players (Bill Kotas and John Garret) did not play on the 7th grade team but started on the 8th grade team. When you lose your two best players due to theyre too good for the 7th grade games, you're bound to lost a couple :o