Brentwood Academy-Next 4 Years (State Champs)

clay9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a rumor in Chattanooga that BA is attempting in vitro recruiting. Ronnie Carter has polled the board of control who has decided that it's OK only if they have written permission from Yao and Shaq, the suspected doners. It's understood that Vanderbilt is participating. The Williams sisters have been contacted to determine if, in fact, they even like basketball and if they will participate.

We understand McCallie and Baylor are talking with The Rock and Tonya Harding to explore their interest in Tennessee High School wrestling.

Stay tuned...............

Hey, make sure you know what you are talking about when saying they only played teams in Nashville. They went over to Chattanooga and played Science Hill's 8th grade (and beat them by 25) and another top team out of that area and won by 35.

Also, White County (I know they are in Middle Tenn.), lost to BA by 11. White County's coach said that was the best team they had ever had and he thought no one would come close to them.

So if you know someone in the state better than them let me know. Then I will agree with you.

Posted by CoachBlue:

if i had some good marks to give out, it would defiantly go to AGGSL. He nailed it on the head with that one about the cockiness of BA.

CoachBlue, I see your allegation of cockiness, yet I see no BA fan on this board being disrespectfully cocky. It is not wrong to assert that BA has a chance to win state in the coming years, and I see it done in a respectful manner. Yes, the initiator of this thread is a bit too fervent about BA's future ventures, but every school will have those fans who take it too far occasionally.

I'd appreciate my school getting a little respect.

[Edited by WesVols on 3-30-03 12:32P]

Visit our school for a day and we will more than earn your respect. Difficult academics, top-notch athletics, dedicated spirituality, singing group ranked top 20 in the world, forensics team ranked top 10 in the nation, some of the best plays and musicals on the high school stage, a dedicated and caring faculty, and an ever-improving campus. What more do you want??? Or do you just not know enough about the school? Come visit and you'll be convinced, guaranteed.

WesViols and Coachblue

My comment was not necessarily about the cockineess of BA; it was about the silliness of assuming your team (no matter the team) will win it all over the next several years. From 8th grade to juniors and seniors is a huge change and I suspect several of those kids will not be near as good as they mature. Many 8th graders are good at that level because they have matured earlier. To assume that they will naturally be as good as juniors and seniors is not realistic.

Besides, if you bother to look around the state, there are a number of teams who were young this year.

AGGSL, I completely agree that it is silly to automatically assume that a team will take the next 4 titles. In fact, it is ludicrous. But you must remember that the only person to make this assumption was 1 BA fan. That's all. Not a player, coach, or parent. 1 fan. So don't judge a school by a single fan.