Brentwood Academy-Next 4 Years (State Champs)

clay9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachblue, WesVols is right, you really do need to go visit BA. They have a lovely campus with great facilities. Now i don't know much about their academics, i've only walked around and haven't asked about their academics. They have a good baseball team, football, track, etc. and you should give them some respect.

I send out my Congratulations to Brentwood Academy for winning State and to Marc Gasol for winning Mr. Basketball

WesVols

I agree with you completely. I think if you read either of my posts, you will not find any indication that I am judging BA at all. Merely commenting upon one person's idea that a good 8th grade team indicates something in the future. That was not a slap at any school. Thanks for your many good posts this year

[Edited by AGGSL on 3-30-03 7:53P]

Ok Coach Blue, i have a question for you: Where do you coach (if you coach) or attend school (if you are a student) If you don't respond to theat, i'll have to assume that you are too ashamed of your own school to stick up for it in comparison to Brentwood Academy. What has BA EVER done to you to make you say that you will "never give BA any respect" Have you ever met anyone from Brentwood Academy? I want to see your response before I all out destroy you on this issue. Thanks

I'm not a coach, i just made up the name, i do believe i began my hatred for BA at the age of 12 (6th grade) after my first encounter with them during a Basketball game. But that was 9 years ago. I attend the University of Tennessee Knoxville. I'm a sophmore there. For all you BA graduates, that means that i am 21. (12+9=21) I used to go to BGA,(thats Battle Ground Academy) but i graduated. Yes, i did and still do know many people who attended and still are attending Brentwood "Academy". and i love the United States of America, and i would defend it with my life, I think thats all my information you requested. Now hit me with your best shot.

[Edited by CoachBlue on 3-30-03 10:14P]

CoachBlue, I'll let CAEagle respond, but I will say that at least we agree upon one thing -- GO VOLS!! I'm headed up to Knoxville in the fall, and can't wait (and yes, I got their top scholarship, so a BA education is worth something).

Anyway, I'll let CAEagle unleash his fury.

"I'm not a coach, i just made up the name, i do believe i began my hatred for BA at the age of 12 (6th grade) after my first encounter with them during a Basketball game. But that was 9 years ago."

Dude, get over it. Hate is not healthy! You went to a great school with unbelievable facilities. Be proud, but don't be bitter.

Reminds me of a story...was sitting with a friend of mine watching the BA-BGA basketball game at BGA's beautiful fieldhouse this season, and he looks at me and says, "you know, if only you'd donated more to BA we could have a fieldhouse like this one." I answered, "No, I could have donated the same amount, but just should have done it in 1880".

[Edited by itzme on 3-31-03 7:15A]

I would like to also warn everyone in DII not to ever count out Father Ryan. Unlike BA, we do not have a middle school to use as a gauge for our future talent, and i'm sure after this year (with 5 seniors making up the six man starting rotation) that people will be quick to count Father Ryan out. Probably the same people who wouldn't shut up about how terrible Father Ryan would be without Billy May. I think its fair to say we much more than held our own without him.

I came from a public middle school, and i can say first hand that Father Ryan does not recruit basketball players. I gave them every oppurtunity to recruit (attending summer bball camps, visiting the school, etc.) yet was never once approached by a coach with anything more than a handshake. From playing in the public schoool leagues as well as Junior Pro, i know that this lack of recruiting is not the case in all DII Schools. Thats okay, i guess thats why they made DII in the first place.

My point is, don't ever count out Father Ryan. Coach Bontrager (in my opinion, which i know can be argued ) is the best coach in the state of tennessee. What cannot be argued, is that he is by far the most underrated. Father Ryan has been at or near the top of DII since its begining, yet how many DI college players has Father Ryan had? Besides Enoch Bunch (marshall) and maybe a player or two from this year's team, none. Yet Coach Bontrager has found a way to take the talent he has and win A LOT of games. Any basketball player who decides to attend Father Ryan as long as the current Coaching staff is there i'm sure will be a part of lots of success.