Brentwood Academy-Next 4 Years (State Champs)

clay9

Ok coach Blue, first off, lets be clear that I too love the USA, so at least we have something in common, but thats not the point here. Lets start with the fact that you are a college sophmore. Are we not more mature than to not "hate" a school? I mean, I may not like BGA but I don't "hate" the school. As a matter of fact, I applied to go to school there after 6th grade. I respect the school. Now for your comment about putting Academy in quotes. Are you implying that BA is not worthy of being called an Academy? Brentwood ACADEMY has some of the most dynamic and tough teachers in the Nashville area. BA has some of the highest standards for its students around. After the end of every ACADEMIC quarter, the teachers sit down and go over EVERY student's performance that quarter. Now, if that doesn't show you that the teachers care about how their students perform, I don't know what does. Next as to your comment about BA being easy (and your proof being that we have 47 people with a GPA of 4.0 or higher) I have two things to say. Brentwood ACADEMY continually has one of the best graduating classes around when it comes to acceptances from premier colleges. Just to mention a few from this year, there is Vanderbilt, University of Richmond, Colorado, Samford (including one with a full ACADEMIC scholarship), Georgia (which is very tough for out of state students to get into because of the state of Georgia's Hope scholarship), a student going to UT who has gotten so many scholarships from UT that they will basically be being PAID to go there (on ACADEMIC scholarships), Furman University, University of Charleston, multiple students who have gone to Auburn on full ROTC scholarships (which are very competitive), Wheaton, and there are so many others that I cannot remember. Secondly, Brentwood ACADEMY has many more than 47 people with a GPA of a 4.0 or higher. To be on BA's privilege list, a sophmore or junior must have higher than a 4.0. Freshman are inelgible. There are at least 50 people on that list (if not more), not to mention the number of seniors who have higher than a 4.0, of wich I can think of at least 20, out of a class of 90. Brentwood Academy has one of the top 5 forensics (public speaking, in case you didn't know) programs in the COUNTRY. I believe thats much better than BGA. Oh, and we also play some sports. BGA can't even try to keep up with BA in cross- country or track, and if I'm not mistaken, Brentwood ACADEMY won the state Basketball championship this year, and BA played BGA this year, so you can't say anything there. Now, BA did not play BGA in football, so we cannot compare that. I don't know alot about wrestling or baseball, but I do know that BA had a state champion wrestler in Chase McTorry. Now, with the presentation of this information (and trust me, I have so much more) I must ask you, does your "hatred" towards BA come from jealousy? If not, I want to know, I MUST know in order for you to have a valid point in this argument, what specific event caused your hatred towards BA? Because if this "hatred" has no basis, you have ABSOLUTELY NO GROUNDS for "hatred" towards BA. Now, is it just me, or am I (a high school senior) winning a debate against a college sophomore? We'll let the people on this board decide that.

P.S. I'm sorry if this post ended up sounding like a school bashing. Once again, I repeat the fact that I respect BGA for an all-around good school. Also, I would like to say that many times people get on CoachT.com just to act like they go to BA and make posts that make the chool look bad. I am not saying that has happened here, but lets all please keep that in mind.

Now CoachBlue, YOU hit me with your best shot.

[Edited by caeagle16 on 3-31-03 6:30P]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless the USA.

Brent Carney is right. :D

Yep you won, i admit it. My hatred began while i was playing basetball when 5 of the 6 eigth graders were held back, in turn this making them a year older than our 8th graders. I believe that my hatred began with just per jealousy. Then it grew into when everytime i heard of BA or everytime i played them, i just wanted to beat them. But i do have the up most respect for Coach Pitts. he is a great coach that makes his players work hard to earn what they received this year. They came off a loss to Ryan to kill Briarcrest during their march to the title. That shows what championship caliber teams can do. so you win, i lose, but we will have to continue this conversation in about 4 months, becuase on Friday i will be leaving Knoxville and i'm joining the Marines. So i'll talk to ya later.

Oh ya, only 4 people have gratuated from BGA with a 4.0 in the past 114 years. :)

Thank you for your support. This problem is insignifant compared to what our military is going through now. So lets just forget it.

And my attitude has changed toward BA, and i thank you CAEAGLE for that. It was a stupid issue that i should of never sais anything about.

[Edited by CoachBlue on 3-31-03 9:53P]