who's the best keeper around

sean100589

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm not trying to get down on Tyler, He is good, but I heavily doubt that he received a full ride to Memphis, seeing as how it's darn near impossible to get a full soccer scholarship unless you are a national team or pool player. Plus How many scholarships does memphis have? I dont believe that they would give a full scholarship to an incoming Freshman, no disrespect to tyler. It's just very far fetched. The only way I will believe he has a full ride is if Either he or the coach from memphis say he has one.

I heard that Tyler's was a combination athletic/academic scholarship. But you are right, D-1 schools are limited to 9.9 schlarships total to be divided among the entire team. I doubt if any coach would give a full ride to anyone even if he was a national ODP player, especially a freshman.

yeah i say Blake Evans of Ooltewah... his stats don't look so good because he's had so many shots taken on him this season. against Notre Dame the first game of the year he gave up 3 goals but Notre Dame had nearly 30 shots on him. and 2 that went in were from within 10 yards. against other teams ooltewah would probably average giving up 10 per game if any other keeper were in the net.

Check the Memphis website. The kid has nearly a 3.7 gpa from a very good school and has several academic honors. I seriously doubt Memphis would have to resort to a full athletic scholarship to get him academic aid. Good grief, IT'S MEMPHIS! We're not talking about a bastion of academic excellence. They'd probably pay to get him even if he didn't play a sport. Colleges LOVE good players that are good students so they don't have to use their limited athletic money. Heck, you just about have to be the second-coming of Pele but dumb as a box of rocks to get a full ride. There is a lot more academic monet available than athletic money.