who's the best keeper around

sean100589

Tyler Kahn is not good. He is very lucky that he is in a situation where he gets to play at all. I have seen him play in club and in high school and not only does he lack physical presence he lacks mental toughness and confindence in the net. I don't want to put to the kid down, but hes not close to being the best in Williamson County let alone the state.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Kahn play. He has good range and speed for a keeper. He also has a very reliable set of hands. As a freshman, he has played solidly against older, more experienced players. The other postings about him may have been from his friends, building him up, but I certainly don't agree with your assessment about his lack of toughness or confidence. I predict by the time he is a senior, he will be one of the top keepers in the state.

I have seen him play for Ravenwood this year 3 times and he played for the division 2 TNFC '88 team. I beleive he plays for the Sting now, i could be wrong. Even suggesting he is the best in state is absurd. It would be a difficult argument to make that he is even the best freshman in the state. His hands are realiable but he rarely comes out for balls and when he does, he lacks physicalness and doesnt seem to cominicate with his teamates. I made the coment of his mental weakness because he could not handle the criticism of his TNFC trainer and thusly left the team. Maybe he will be one of the best when hes a senior but hes no where close now.

I cannot believe we are spending this much time on a freshman who isn't even the best freshman in Nashville much less the state. I have seen Tyler play and he has a long way to go. He is extremely hesitant and undecided when coming out and tends to back away from onrushing strikers. Lets give the guy a break and see if he develops. There is still time. Besides that, the best freshman that I've seen is Corbin Walker, the Brentwood Academy back-up keeper to Tyler Trew.

[Edited by TDJ85 on 5-1-03 5:50P]

If I recall the first message in this thread, it read "just for fun" who's the best keeper around. Looks like this thread got way off track with all the self-promotion, bragging, story telling and tall tales I've read. I believe most people, fans as well as field players, don't really understand the nuances or the sophistication or the hard work needed to play keeper. I salute all those senior keepers out there who will be good or lucky enough to play at the next level. I also salute all those underclassmen keepers who have to deal with kids older and bigger than them. If someone is playing keeper at the varsity level or at the Division I select team level, then I don't feel they deserve any of the criticisms I've read here.