Who is the best 1-A team in the state?

creekercalhoun

I think that when it comes time to earn a trip to the state we are going to see Rockwood,USJ,University High, Franklin,CAK,Unaka and maybe Harriman if things fall their way.. I just take my chanes with University and Rockwood, I am not sure if they have the most talent, but the have the best coaches and look prepared.......Besides Rockwood is still feeling the sting of having Gilmore throw a no hitter and not make it to State... I am going to say that Rockwood fans better like Memphis because they are headed for an extended stay..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a big mistake to leave out perennial contenders Columbia Academy, Summertown and Mt. Pleasant from the mid-state. Also Chattanooga Christian made a deep run (third last year) and returns most everyone. Boyd Buchanan, Lookout Valley and Whitwell are threats if things fall their way. How about mcKenzie in West Tennessee? I know they have had some good teams in the past.

Just a few additional teams to consider...

• 2 weeks later...

one of these two teams will probably come back with the crown from memphis they both have beaten the top competition in 1-A this year. I also think the dark horse of the year will be FCS they have been getting it done without a lot of hype and many people will be suprisedcome May.

ok whoever is so big on rockwood must be crazy i believe Goodpasture run ruled them on a bad day they stunk it up for 3 or 4 innnings i believe as well, also goodpasture beat columbia academy, i dont know where people r getting these no name schools but i know jcs and usj will be in it as for rockwood and university high or wahtever were r your goodpastures davidson academys and friendships they will all be there or at least 2 probably