D2 Middle is Still Up in the Air

hardball03

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are 4 very good teams vying for 3 spots in the region tourney, the bye to State for the regular season champ becomes even more important. If Brentwood Academy wins 1 more game it wins D2 Middle and hence receives an automatic berth in the State Tourney.

Be at BA Friday @4:30 to see if the Eagles can clinch it. ;)

You know the D2 Middle Region is everything that it was anticipated to be from early in the season. There have been

some great games to date. Going down to the "clinch" games,

3-2, 10-8, big hits, big plays, a lot of fun to watch and

to definitely talk about.

This year is one that will be talked about for years to come......especially the "foul home runs."(had to get that

one in there)

The players should be proud to be a part of this season, it's a very special situation that doesn't happen too often.

Knock yourselves out fellas, it's fun to watch. Good luck

over the next couple of games, rest up cause the Regional

tournament will be a "Barn Burner"........hopefully with

3 umpires and yellow screened poles.

Whatever you do, don't let up.....I'm convinced the state

champ will come from this group. Each team has the offensive potential to be explosive. :x

Well said hardball. This year has been exciting for the fans and players of the DII Middle region. The rivalries that exist between these four teams have made for great crowds and close, hard fought games.

The fact that many of these guys have played with and against each other since they were kids makes it even more fun. Best of luck to all and keep up the good work!

Hardball, you hit the nail on the head. I think the state champ will definatly come out of the middle region. The level of play there has rissen this year and the rivalries are very intense, that will just make the rest of the season and the tourny more interesting.

Posted by WesVols:

It's been moved to Thursday?? Wow...I need to check my schedule and move things around...I hope I can still announce the game!

Undoubtedly due to the Charlie Harper Relays taking place on Friday at BA. BTW, if you want to see a slam dunk DI athlete of the future perform, come watch Andrew Bumbalough run Friday!

Let's hear some predictions about how things will end up in D2 Middle! Here's what I think will happen...

Brentwood Academy will sweep BGA in 2 close games, 6-4 and 11-8, to take a 9-2 record and the title. BGA will thus finish at 4-7, 4th in D2 Middle.

Father Ryan and MBA will split the remaining two games, with Pettus beating the Irish 6-2 and Ryan getting a 4-1 win to close things out. Hence, here will be the final standings:

1 Brentwood Academy 9-2

2 Montgomery Bell Academy 6-4

3 Father Ryan 6-5

4 Battle Ground Academy 4-7

The tourney is up for grabs. Anybody can win. Where will it be played this year??