Brentwood/Centennial

Jlsellie

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact that our bats "weren't working" is not an excuse...it is the truth. in order for anyone to win, you have to score at least one...meaning your bats have to be working...if they aren't, most of the times you lose...thats what happened to us against centennial. i am sorry that you have a misconception of the BHS softball team. if there is one thing we are not, it is that we are not cocky. i have known most of the players on this team not even a year, and i could tell by the first time i met them that they are all modest and all work hard. maybe you should not judge us until you personally know us. and i will hand it to centennial when they beat us and even when we beat them...they are a good team and have alot of heart and i wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season and the upcoming years.

sballfan07

Don't pay any attention to that kind of comment. I believe you are in the same boat we are in. Our teams from the past got a bad rap and they still want to talk trash about our team over something that happened years ago. In fact, they now are degreed and have kids. Some people never forget much like a license tag I use to see around....It had a Confederate soldier on it saying " #%+?! no, We won't forget!" Need I say more.

actually i do find it as an excuse b/c if they won would they say oh the other teams bats weren't working so that's y we won....ummm no..and in that post the comment said a/b their bats weren't working after they stated that they had lost....if u win u win..and if u lose u lose no excuses

ok, with the game against centennial, its true, our bats didnt work at all. we aren't trying to make excuses because centennial was obviously ready to play and we didnt bring our "A" game. i give props to CHS, they played an awesome game and i look foward to playing them again soon.

and krissy- your right. we definately arent cocky. i dont know what they are talking about.

I dont think that the statement, " our bats weren't working well" is an excuse. it happens to a lot of teams. if you are going to criticize ladybruin14 for saying it you should go and look at all of the threads and criticize everyone else who says it. if i were watching a game and one team didnt hit well, and someone asked me about it, i would tell them that the other team's bats weren;t working well. its not an excuse, its a statement, a fact. im sure at one point or another you have made that statement about your team. they are not cocky, just confident. best of luck to you though.

ERA, I liked your comments about Coffee County program. You are correct you guys still are fighting some VERY old situations that happened years ago. Some of your own fans can't forget it. Hats off to your current players and fans. You guys have shown good sportmanship every time I have watched you. Your program is very good and therefore people will take shots at you. The old problens go back to when my daughter was playing and the game that all heck broke loose. Don't let these comments destroy the fine work your team has shown.

a lot of teams get bad reps bc of only a few on the team. its hard to get rid of that rep too. so i have to say hats off to any team who trys to overcome it. brentwood...dont worry bout what everyone else says...just keep playing well and kicking butt. also coffee co. you are playing really really good ball now, just keep proving people wrong. and to lcb24... why are you so bitter, that is a phrase a lot people use. (and not as an excuse)

ok then centennial could then say we lost to brentwood friday b/c our bats weren't working... and i do happen to know some ppl on the bhs team and i know they're nice girls but sometimes things their team does as a whole is viewed as cocky