D2 Middle Region Tourney

WesVLT

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not predicting anything, but Father Ryan's tough schedule is paying off big time. Belmont-Abbey signee/USA 19:U player Center Mid Nick Wyatt has been out for the majority of the season and he is making his highly anticipated return when the region kicks off. His presence in the middle will solidify one of the best lineups in the southeast. Goalie Ben Stevens reminds me more each day of a younger Tony Meola. It would be cliche to say that he is a wall, but honestly the guy is the best in the biz. From what I hear is that he is graduating then going over to England and is going to sign with Manchester for a ridiculous amount of money. Irish are going to be tough.

Kerr, I heard that when Stevens is in Manchester he's going to invite the U.S. Junior Olympic Team -- Father Ryan's softball team -- to one of his games. :o

Despite your obvious exaggeration, however, I agree that Ryan's tough schedule is benefitting them as the postseason begins. They hold the upper hand in D2 Middle and I believe they'll win the region tourney. Best of luck to all the teams.