Call It Fair!

I was coaching in the 15 and under eastern substate this weekend and i just wanted to say that it is pretty hard to win a game when you get fouled everytime you have the ball and they just let everything go on out on the floor. I had parents of my players that had to get up and leave the gym because of how sorry the officiating was. When it comes to this point in the AAU season, in a tournement as important as this, the game should be called just like a regular high school game. It was very sorry in my opinion and it seemed as if the refs were doing everything they could to make the Knoxville teams win. For those of you out there who think that i am whining, I am not, I am just giving my personal opinion, and i bet that I am not the only one that thinks that way.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like there have been a lot of complaints on CoachT, about the Eastern Substate Tournaments. People in the 11U were saying players too old, 13U complaining about the officiating, 14U complaining about officiating and warm-ups, now 15U is complaining about the officials.

Here's my problem. Instead of complaining on coacht, call the AAU office and let them know what kind of job their personnel did. If you go to a restaurant and you aren't happy with the service you talk to the management, if you aren't happy with AAU I advise everyone to call AAU.

That's my 2 cents, and I'll get off my soap box now.. ;)

It seems like there have been a lot of complaints on CoachT, about the Eastern Substate Tournaments. People in the 11U were saying players too old, 13U complaining about the officiating, 14U complaining about officiating and warm-ups, now 15U is complaining about the officials.

Here's my problem. Instead of complaining on coacht, call the AAU office and let them know what kind of job their personnel did. If you go to a restaurant and you aren't happy with the service you talk to the management, if you aren't happy with AAU I advise everyone to call AAU.

That's my 2 cents, and I'll get off my soap box now.. :lol:

I definately agree here , in the 14 U tournament that i watched it was obvious that no matter what team was playing, if there was a questionable call then it went the way of the knoxville team playing, and it really did affect the outcome of the game with the Eagles. That was blatant and those officials should have been reported. As for the 11U team in question, the knoxville ballerz have older players on their team, everyone knows this, some of those kids are in the 6th grade and some are 13 years of age and this has been a fact and they have been reported, but they come up with birth certificates showing that they are legal so how do you dispute it? I know people in the school systems in knoxville and around that area and have been told by people that know for fact how old those kids are but AAU and YBOA won't pursue it so what do the other teams do? I guess when your in Rome you do as the Romans! :P

Can someone tell me how I get in touch with the AAU officials that are in charge of awarding the sub state tournaments to a particular group or location? Besides the officiating, which was up and down in my opinion, there were some other bush league stuff going on at Bearden middle this weekend that I would like to discuss with them. Thanks in advance for your help.

I forgot to add this last night when i first posted. As my team and myself were leaving after one of our games we saw some of the same kids we just got done playing get into their own cars and drive away. I realize that there are some kids that may have a hardship liscense but i doubt that 8 kids on 1 team do.

Can someone tell me how I get in touch with the AAU officials that are in charge of awarding the sub state tournaments to a particular group or location?

AAU President

Bobby Dodd - Memphis, TN

901-362-3009 (Office)

901-6851701 (Fax)

Southeastern Chair (TN & AL)

William Anderson

901-755-2173 (Home)

901-362-3009 (Office)

These Numbers may be found by following this link

http://216.3.213.52/exec/aau/handbooks/boy.../II_council.pdf

PDF Document takes Acrobat Reader to Read.

Come on now, I don't understand you people. I think its because you all are jealous of Knoxville Teams. Not all Knoxville teams won the eastern sub states and I don't understand why you people are saying that the officals call it for Knoxville teams. I personally, thought the officals called it fair. And being apart of the Jazz Organazation, I must say that not all of the officals were from Knoxville. The officals came from different parts of Tennessee so does that still state that the officals called it for the Knoxville teams? Come on don't just say that because yall lost.

Thanks B)