Call It Fair!

I am sorry that i said they did everything they could to let the Knoxville teams win. And i am not making excuses for why we lost all i am saying is that it was awful officiating and it was not worth the time and money spent to do it. And of course you are going to say it was good because you are a part of the organization that hosted it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not because I'm apart of the Jazz that I said the officals did a decent job. That's just how I feel. But I must say, its maybe just one ref that most of you people are complaining about. And its to late to go back and change whatever happen so you people just need to let it go. But besides the officals, whatelse was bad abo the tournaments? The only thing we can do is improve for next year. And some one stated earlier in this thread, "Until someone else step up to the plate, you must live with whatever is happening." Thats the only thing I have to say about it too. This is a lot of hard work on us and I'm sure that we'll be glad to give it up to anyone who wants to take it. But sorry to say, "We are already hosting next years so you might have to wait until 2005.

As i would have guessed AE you have stated all along that the ref's have had nothing to do with who won the eastern substates. You also claim that the ref's weren't all from there, however i know that most of them were and they were affiliated with your organization because i seen them up in the stands with ya'll and you did know them because people from the Jazz and KAYA were sitting with them and it was obvious to us all that they were friends, one of the ref's even mentioned that some lady there was his cousin. You are the first to defend the knoxville teams, however you yourself was accusing the referees in murphreesboro of cheating in the state tournament and i watched that game as well and if it was one sided it was for your team not Jackson County. So you need to be a little more consistent, it seems that if your team wins then everyone else is just jealous and complaining but when your team loses its the ref's fault. what gives???? :o

It's sad, but true.....basketball and baseball travel teams are not going to Knoxville any longer because of the officiating around that area. It is not just one team, one tournament or one age group....it's the whole pie!! Until someone steps in and runs a decent tournament, basketball or baseball, Knoxville will stay off the map and people will continue to complain any time they do venture that way!!

i am going to have to agree with what devil fanatic said about what can you do, when everyone around knows that a team is playing with older players except for the people who really can do anything about it. i guess you just have to roll with the punches and do you best, but as a coach it is very frusterating to know you team is out there playing there best against guys 2 and 3 years older than they are. i mean really what are we teaching these kids anyway, it's ok to cheat as long as you get away with it, and if not then hey don't worry about it "we'll do better job next year." i know this league is for experience and and all but any real coach will tell you there is alot more about coaching than teaching your kids how to put a ball through the hoop, and not cross your feet on def. and i know nothing can really be done about it. but it is also taking place in the 13u. one of the best so called teams, but i have a question, what does that say about your coaching abilities if you have you bring your kids down 2 or 3 age levels in order to compete. :lol:

Edited by coachAG

I know that most of them were and they were affiliated with your organization because i seen them up in the stands with ya'll and you did know them because people from the Jazz and KAYA were sitting with them and it was obvious to us all that they were friends, one of the ref's even mentioned that some lady there was his cousin.

devilfanatic,

The refs weren't sitting in the stands with anybody. There is a divider in the gym at Bearden with mats between the bleachers, and one ref was sitting there. Give me a break. Our team only had handful of fans at Bearden. How do you know they are necessarily our fans? How do you know they aren't fans of other teams there to watch? I guess when you see a black team, and then one black ref then they all must be friend with one another.

I know for a fact that after we beat the Knox. Cagers that some of their parents (who our kids have played with) watch our next game. You've also been making excuses for why the Top Guns lost in the substate, for a while now. Then you get on here and tell another one of our coaches that we deserved to win. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle.... (For your reference devilfanatic reply to KAYA)

My only concern is folks keep talking about kids 2-3 years too old, did anybody protest? I mean let's face it in AAU we are a bunch of protesting fools. We'd protest the color of the scoreboard bulbs if it meant a win :)

Come on now, I don't understand you people. I think its because you all are jealous of Knoxville Teams. Not all Knoxville teams won the eastern sub states and I don't understand why you people are saying that the officals call it for Knoxville teams. I personally, thought the officals called it fair. And being apart of the Jazz Organazation, I must say that not all of the officals were from Knoxville. The officals came from different parts of Tennessee so does that still state that the officals called it for the Knoxville teams? Come on don't just say that because yall lost.

first of all the knoxville teams really stink this year so dont say where mad because we lost, your just mad because the team from knoxville could not ever win with the help of the refs

Let me correct you sir, I'm not mad at anything. I mean, we have a lot of people on hear complaining about the refs but you have to think about something. Wherever you play at whether its Nashville, Memphis, or Knoxville; you're going have some complaints about the refs. I can honestly say that and you know that's true.

Where are you all getting that some team played with 2 or 3 players that was to old? If you're talking about the Knoxville Ballers, all of their players were the right age and many of the teams that played against them complain to the AAU office and nothing will change because the people in the AAU office found out that they were the right age.

Devil why are you bringing up the Jackson County/AE Lady Roadrunners State game? I mean, I didn't get on here and say anything about the refs. I wasn't at the game so I couldn't say anything about it. I got on here and took up for AE's coach because all of you were talking bad about him. Now tell me why you're bringing this up?

But its like this, if you didn't like how things were ran for the Sub State, go to Memphis and play next year!

Splainshornet i was not referring to the games at Bearden i was referring to the championship game between the Topguns and KAYA just for your info and the ref was sitting with and was friends with the people from KAYA. I listened to their conversations for crying out loud!! THEY KNEW EACHOTHER OK! As for you AE, well as you can see its not just me that has said the referring left alot to be desired in the eastern substates, and yes you have the east for next year but i doubt after that you'll have it any longer as you will see alot of the teams going else where and when that happens, AAU will remove you from the venue. We have no complaints with the kids playing the game as they play their hearts out, its just that you can't get a fair shake in Knoxville when you play certain teams their. BTExpress is right, when you play teams in Knoxville its close when you get them away from there its a much different story on some of the teams, now did i say all of them ?? no, some of them.

Like I stated before, if you don't like how things are running in Knoxville, go elsewhere and play. Its not going to hurt us that you're not coming to Knoxville to play. That only means that's one last team we have to worry about.

Now if you haven't called or email the AAU office, do so. By doing this, this will take a load off of the coaches, parents, and players of the Jazz who work these Sub State tournament games. I know I'll be glad to just hand this tournament to any AAU organazation that wants.