Distrcits in and around Chattanooga

PureFP

"District 6AA - As of 8am this morning, 4 feet of water on East Ridge's field. No available alternates. Camp Jordan is even worse if you can believe that. The coaches know the writing is on the wall. East Ridge #1, Hixson #2 and see ya at the regions."

No available alternates is nowhere near true. For that district there is one field that has the best opportunity to dry out first. It's also the best facility in the district.

Grundy County.

But I'm sure some of the folks in Chattanooga would die before they did that. "Oh, no. We can't take it to Grundy."

And I'm not saying that for Grundy's team. I love our girls but we aren't region tournament caliber by any means this year. But it would be nice to see someone make the effort to allow all the teams to play it out as designed. They probably could have played on the mountain today with good work on the field.

But I know it hasn't been suggested by the Chattanooga folks because I've got no calls. And I'd have to be called to set up the concession stand and run the PA.

It's a shame too. You folks could have had Ribeye sandwhiches had we played on the mountain.

Del (who would like to watch East Ridge play a few more times and see them spank Hixson's fannies.)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Del:

Those words were paraphrased right out the Thursday Chattanooga Time Free Press, not me.

Hey Wildukats:

Way to go against McMinn Central, although you and I both know that was nearly a given. Good luck against Sweetwater tonight.

All Others interested:

District 5AAA: Athens last night:

#4 Bradley beat #5 McMinn to end McMinn's season. Then the double elimination started. #2 Cleveland beat #3 Rhea 8-2, #1 Cumberland Co. beat #4 Bradley 4-0, and Rhea played Bradley (don't know the results). Cumb. plays Cleve. at 2:00 EDT, loser plays winner of Rhea/Bradley at 4:00 EDT, and Championship at 6:00 EDT (and at 8 if needed).

District 6AAA: Play ball! and yes, at Warner Park and even double elimination, and even though Hamilton Co. Schools are still closed.

#4 Ooltewah versus #5 Brainerd at 10:00am EDT.

#3 Central versus #2 Red Bank at 11:30am EDT.

#1 Soddy-Daisy versus winner of Ooltewah/Brainerd 1:00pm EDT.

Losers Bracket semi-final 3:00pm EDT

Winner's Bracket Final 5:00pm EDT

Loser's bracket Final 7:00pm EDT

Championship game Saturday

Lots of games. Who has the most pitching? hmm.....

6AA at East Ridge (don't know how, but..)

Game 1: Bledsoe Co. versus Hixson at 1:00pm EDT.

Game 2: Sequatchie Co. versus East Ridge at 3:00pm EDT.

Game 3: Game 1 winner versus Marion Co. at 5:00pm EDT

Game 4: Game 2 loser versus Grundy at 7:00pm EDT.

5A at Boyd Buchanan

Tyner versus Grace Ac. at 4:00pm EDT.

Winner versus Boyd Buchanan championship at 5:30 pm EDT

6A at Lookout Valley

Game 1: #4 Lookout Valley versus #1 Sale Creek at 5:00pm EDT

Game 2: #3 Chatt. Christian versus #2 Whitwell at 6:30pm EDT.

Game 3: Loser 1 versus Loser 2 at 8:00pm EDT

Game 4: Winner 1 versus Winner 2 Sat

Game 5: Winner 3 versus Loser 4 Sat

Game 6 (&7): Winner 5 versus Winner 4

Clear as mud? Doesn"t matter. All will be known Saturday afternoon.

Actually, that is why I went (that and there was no other game around the flooded valley last night). I saw Cumb. Co. at the Cookeville Tournament. They looked strong even though they didn't have their seniors with them.

It was 0-0 in the bottom of the fifth with a good pitcher's duel going and good defense for both teams. Next thing you know it's 4-0 on a grand slam and that was pretty much the ball game. Bradley's lead-off hitter got hurt last night. Had to get an ambulance. If anybody hears how she's doing, let me know.

Something has to give after regions. Cumb. Co., Soddy, and Coffee Co. can't all advance to the state (same sectional).

I won't be there tonight to see the 5AAA championship. I've got a horse in a different race. (And if anybody tells my daughter I called her a horse, I'll deny it. :unsure:

"District 6AA - As of 8am this morning, 4 feet of water on East Ridge's field. No available alternates. Camp Jordan is even worse if you can believe that. The coaches know the writing is on the wall. East Ridge #1, Hixson #2 and see ya at the regions."

No available alternates is nowhere near true. For that district there is one field that has the best opportunity to dry out first. It's also the best facility in the district.

Grundy County.

But I'm sure some of the folks in Chattanooga would die before they did that. "Oh, no. We can't take it to Grundy."

And I'm not saying that for Grundy's team. I love our girls but we aren't region tournament caliber by any means this year. But it would be nice to see someone make the effort to allow all the teams to play it out as designed. They probably could have played on the mountain today with good work on the field.

But I know it hasn't been suggested by the Chattanooga folks because I've got no calls. And I'd have to be called to set up the concession stand and run the PA.

It's a shame too. You folks could have had Ribeye sandwhiches had we played on the mountain.

Del (who would like to watch East Ridge play a few more times and see them spank Hixson's fannies.)

Personally, I could care less about East Ridge. True, they may have the better team in that particular district. But their fans have much to be desired. Their students are the most arrogant, disrespectful, and annoying of any team I have ever seen. And trust me, I have seen many. Its a shame that opposing teams parents have to go sit behind the fence in the outfield, and make sure these "boys" keep their mouth closed. I mean really, do they not have parents?? There is an old saying, that "A team is only as good as their fans," if this is true, East Ridge has something to be desired.

Also, chalk does erase, and there is no writing that says that Hixson and East Ridge will continue on....

Cumberland Co. Wins District 5AAA, Cleveland Runner-Up

Soddy Daisy Wins District 6AAA, Red Bank Runner Up.

So

Red Bank travels to Cumberland Co. Monday at 5:00 CDT in REgion Semi Final

Cleveland travels to Soddy-Daisy in tha other semi final.

Congrads to Whitwell and Sale Creek TOUGH DISTRICT!

Congrads to the Walker Valley and Sweewater.

I am so glad that East Ridge beat Hixson for the District 6-AA Championship. To anyone who has to play Hixson in the Region, watch out for the umpires. Ask any team around Chattanooga, and they will tell you that you will not get a call if you are playing them. They are arrogant and they come into every game thinking they are the best in the state. SORRY, NOT A CHANCE!!! When they were playing Marion County in the District tournament, they were worried. They had to bring in their "stud" pitcher because they wern't worrying about the Lady Warriors. They beat them 4-3, but they certainly didn't deserve it. So, to anyone who plays Hixson, KICK THEIR WILDCAT BUTTS BACK HOME!!!!! :D

To: self proclaimed CoachB2002 and doc8

You sound like a Marion Co. fan, and by the number of posts you have on this board you are new.

Or, you are actually someone from Hixson who thinks they are trying to inspire their team by simulating trash talk. Or maybe a Sweetwater fan, although I have always found them to be good sports.

Neither of which reasons for your posting belongs here.

If you want to talk about fastpitch, or want to discuss teams, that is fine. However, it appears Hixson has earned a spot to play in one of the toughest regions around by finishing runner up in a tough district. I'm no Hixson fan, but they and their players (who still are kids by the way) deserve a little respect, and do not deserve to be talked about by an adult who appears to be living their own athletic dream through other children.

My montra is my signature. This game isn't about you. Get over it.

Good Luck to both Hixson and East Ridge. My prediction is that they will see each other on Wednesday once again.

Edited by PureFP