8aaa Final

chs4life

Coffee Co. 3 Tullahoma 0.. COFFEE CO. THE CHAMPS host Lebanon Monday at 7pm. Tullahoma goes to Oakland. Falon Catalono pitcher of the year, Toni Jenzen MVP. McCormick, Bush, Toombs, Turner, and Clapsaddle all District. I really thought Laken Barnes of Tullahoma should have gotten all district. GOOD LUCK to both teams

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DISTRICT 8 AAA BRACKETS

I'm sure there are other deserving players but Laken Barnes is a no brainer. She has what it takes and makes great play after play. District 8 has two of the best centerfielders in the state including Ami Bush.

By the way, one of the best UMPIRED GAMES I have seen in a long time. They were in total control of a long rivalry ball game. Thank you for your great efforts...Danny,Gordon,Aaron. :)

A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LADY RAIDERS AND THEIR WIN!

District_8_AAA_Champs.jpg

Edited by ERA

ERA, on behalf of my two partners today, thank you so much for the kind words. Actually, i didn't think i had one of my better days today, but i thought danny called an outstanding game in the championship game; and of course aaron called his usual "steady" games throughout the tournament. i hope to see that wrestling match between coach breeden and aaron soon. wonder who will win????? :o

Congratulations to Tullahoma and their future success in reaching their first 4AAA region tournament. Coach Cardwell has turned that program around. Coffee County is getting represented by two teams this year. A first and hopefully not the last. Way to go! :o

A few others on the All-District team that I remember besides the ones not already mentioned: Heather George-Franklin County, Corey Curlee-Shelbyville, Chelsea Owens-Lincoln Co., Loran Milstead-Lincoln County, Jillian King-Shelbyville and Coach Morey-Shelbyville was co-coach of the year. I can't remember the girl from Lawrence County and I am sure there are a few more players. But I have to say that I thought it was an atrocity that Laken Barnes was not on the team. But just my opinion. But I have a feeling I am not the only person that shares that opinion. Good luck to the Lady Raiders and Tullahoma. I would like to see another Coffee Co-Tullahoma matchup.

i agree about Laken Barnes. in my opinion, she is one of the two best outfielders in 8AAA. she has lightning fast speed in the outfield and has made numerous catches all year that almost no one else could have made. She is also one of the better hitters in the district and a great base-runner. What else does it take to make the 8AAA team? she is easily one of the top 7 or 8 all-around performers in 8AAA. What were some of the coaches thinking????

Congragulation to Coffee County and also Tullahoma.I along with others from Lincoln County wish the best for both of you as you have both had and hopefully continue having a great year. I would just like to add that i hope the best for all seniors thats high school careers have ended. I personally will miss the girls from Coffee County since we seem to always have fantastic matchups when we play.WEll nearly always. Also Lincoln County has to see two fantastic young ladies move on. Lorean Milstead and Eagin Cunningham will be missed at Lincoln County. Rumor is Coach Breden has decided to stay at Coffee County. If this is true i personally think its good not only for Coffee County but for all of Disrict 8. I think the world of him but i also love beating him even though it doesnt happen often. Congragulations to all the coaches,players,and fans of District 8. IT DOESNT GET ANT BETTER!

I know I am speaking for all of us when I say that the Class of 2003 Lady Raiders will also PERSONALLY miss Coach Troy from Lincoln County - we will take with us so many good memories of the games that we have played with Lincoln County - we always knew it would be a good game, that we always had to have our "A" game on, and we always knew we had played against a well-

coached team - you have always been a great supporter of all of the girls you have been around in softball and we want to personally thank you for being a great friend of ours - you have always treated us with "respect" (if that's the proper word for our "elder"!!) - and we sincerely hope that you know that we respect you as a coach - Best of luck to the LC Lady Falcons - it looks like you've got a great team going on AGAIN!! Nothin' but love . . . By the way, we play tonight at 7:00 at home v. Lebanon - we'd love to see ya there!!

Edited by jusluvsports