Boyd-Ezell-Goodpasture

sportsguy1

As for the Goodpasture/ Boyd debate, we played Goodpasture twice and Boyd once, and there's no doubt in my mind that Goodpasture is better. Pieroni is one of the best (if not the best) pitcher in the state and facing Goodpasture's lineup is awful. If Goodpasture even plays decent they will win the state.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ezellsoftball04,

You are correct in your assessment and I understand your frustration. You are not the only team that realizes you are better than several teams that get to play in the state tourney. But let's remember that fastpitch is just now catching on in some parts of the state. Especially at some of the smaller rural schools. Some of the teams in the 1A tourney would not even be in the top 5 in your district or mine(11A - Forrest and Richland). For example Forrest either lost or had close games with 4 other teams in their district (Richland, Culleoka, Huntland, and Cornersville). Yet Forrest beat the snot out of their 1st round opponent at the state. However, whoever wins the championship will have to beat the best at some point. Some of us just have to play the best in the district or region tourneys. :lol:

qwert- as for the "Goodpasture/Boyd" debate.... GOODPASTURE WILL WIN. I have talked to Danielle twice a day since they left, and she is pumped. Goodpasture will not lose a game. Danielle will make sure of that.

Tnfisher- I am glad someone else sees how strnge this is. I don't mind it, but I hate it when these little schools go to state b/c they play NO ONE, and then think just b/c they are there they can beat everyone who is not there. That is not the case at all.

ezellsoftball04-

hey girl i am totally understanding you! Last year at state we won 22-0 against a team that couldn't hardly THROW THE BALL!!! i just don't see how it is fair that, in my opinion, two of the top three teams in class A are sitting at home (ezell and da). I think there are some good teams at the state other than goodpasture, however, a state tournament should be compiled of the BEST teams in Tennessee and it just isn't!!!

sportschic734-

Thank you. I don't think this is the first year this has happened, so I am not just bitter b/c we are not there. I know people probably think that. Last year Goodpasture was the best team in the state. Not Davidson, but one bad day against Forrest and they didn't even get to go. Davidson is a good team, so are we. I can't make excuses for not being at state b/c I take a lot of the blame for my team not being there. I don't mind playing DA, GHS, Forrest, or Richland to get to state. I am not whinning b/c I don't wanna play good teams. I am just saying that if we have to be that good to get to state, everyone else should be too. But I can't change anything that is happening right now, so I will shut up about it. 3 last words for ya though. GO LADY COUGARS! :lol:

I wouldn't hand Goodpasture the state championship just yet. BB is a great program and full of hitters up and down the line-up. I agree that Goodpasture is the slight favorite in this. However, having potential throughout the line-up (unlike Goodpasture) can be a potent weapon against great pitching.

Danielle is a great pitcher and a true competator. However, it takes a team to win. A great pitcher without a team behind her is no team at all. I am not saying that Goodpasture is not good. Of course they are! However, this is the state. This is a venue where pitchers no longer dominate the game and are the only factor in deteriminng a winner. It will take a team effort to win.

For the record, I am picking Goodpasture to win it all.

Edited by PureFP

PureFP-

You show me an easy out in Goodpastures lineup. They have beyond potential throughout the line up, they have people being productive throughout the lineup, and productivity beats potential every time!

I haven't really seen Boyd play this year, they played next to us and I saw a couple out, no big deal. I have no idea how good they really are.

A pitcher can't make a team? I have 2 words... Megan Rhodes. Would Lipscomb be in Memphis w/o her?

Danielle is not all Goodpasture has, I know that, you know that, and she knows that, but her confidence on the field is something that makes her such a weapon.

And like this whole board has said. Just b/c it is state doesn't mean that pitchers don't dominate. Lets see so far... Danielle had a 1 hitter with 12 K's, and a 4 hitter with 14 K's. Thats domination. These teams at state are not really the top 8 teams in the state (however,Boyd and Goodpasture are), they are just people who have an easy road to get there.

Danielle dominates. Not b/c she is an incredible pitcher (which she is), but b/c she has an incredible mental game, and and incredible team behind her.

Goodpasture Wins. :lol:

Edited by EzellSoftball04

don't forget dickerson and phillips. that's two of the best

in the state coaching all this talent. other teams with

great talent may not be able to put it all together, but

these two coaches are pulling all the strings in the right

places this year. not to say they can not be beat with an

all-star at every position and more on the bench, but

it is not out of the realm of reality for a forrest or a boyd

to beat them. anything can happen. :lol:

Boyd has a great team. Freshmen DH Ives is as good of a hitter as there is. Boyd is extremely young with 5 freshmen and 1 8th grader starting. They were good early on in the year but they have improved greatly, especially the last few weeks. I know that Goodpasture has great hitting and good pitching but so does Boyd. It will be a good game.

If they had All-Midstate for coaches... Coachy (Coach Philips) would get my vote. I get to stand next to a lot of coaches at third base, but he is without a dought my favorite. He is always so upbeat. We even have Bible lessons from time to time, lol. :lol: Just a great person to be around in general. I love coach Frued and wouldn't trade him for anything, but if I had to pick another coach, I woulc pick Coachy!

I did not say Goodpasture's players are an easy out.

I will try to speak (or type) clearly.

I feel that Goodpasture will win it all.

I think BB's line-up from top to bottom is more capable than that of Goodpasture, but I never said they had easy outs. Heck, anyone that can score runs against Soddy must be dag gum good!

Pitchers are the most dominate force in fastpitch. However, at this level, all it will take is 1 walk and 1 hit to win. Offensively, a team that can bunt or slap when a base runner is on is all that it will take to win. Danielle is a superstar in the circle. But. even the superstar she is, she gave up 4 hits, and only 14 of 21 outs came from K's. How did they win? Goodpasture hit the ball and scored. Goodpasture played defense and got 7 outs on defense.

BB's pitcher is very capable. If the hits today against Danielle (and she will give up a hit) come at the wrong time, or BB executes sacrifices like they are capable of doing, then BB just might win. Danielle's ERA is 0.36 through the regular season, while Sarah Warren's is 0.55. What does this mean? All things being equal, Danielle allows and earned run every 2.78 games, whereas Sarah allows 1 every 1.82 games. Which game is this for both pitchers? Sounds like they are both extremely good.

However, please re-read my second sentence.

I love the game, and I am not personally involved with any team in Memphis. I am just a fan of good fastpitch. If you will re-read my previous post from that perspective, I think you will see why I said what I said. I stand by my comments of winning at this level requiring a complete team.

And... a little luck.

You can get to the post season with a dominate pitcher. You need a lot of help to win the state.

Edited by PureFP