New Champion

std

There will be a new state champion in all D- 1 classifications this year with Davidson Academy, Unicoi County, and Dickson County out of the tournament. I bet this is the first time that the reigning champs in A, AA, and AAA have been eliminated prior to the state.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion...this years 3AAA state tourney doesnt have the teams it has in the past. i think soddy will go all the way...they are the only team who is going to state that i think is worthy of winning. (everyone shouldnt get all upset about this statement bc i dont know of every single team in the tourney this spring...but from what i heard this is what i think.) :D if someone wants to tell me every team in the spring fling and there is someone i left out, ill change it.

Looking at the brackets I think AAA is competitive. It's too bad that SD-Maryville has to play in the first round. Two very good teams that have excellent No. 1 pitchers. Another team that seems to play well together is CC. Again excellent No. 1 pitcher and we all know that with the brackets spread out to cover 5 days we should see nothing but the best pitchers from every team. Good luck everybody and I am looking forward to seeing the best softball in the state. :D

I agree with LCSweetz, AAA will be very competitive but I believe SD has the edge if Coach Kirk uses both of his pitchers. Last year he chose only to use his ace Frizzell and she ran out of steam. This year the same senario is emerging. So far since district he has benched his other ace Harris and went totally with Frizzell, is this an omen of things to come in Memphis? My only question is how do you sit a pitcher who is 18-3 and an ERA less than 1 on the bench? Only Kirk has the answer.

Fanniemaye,

Sounds to me like you are just upset that your team did not make it this year! Here is the fact, the best teams in 2003 are playing in the state this week! If there were better teams then they would not be setting at home. I'll give SD credit they are really good and probably the team to beat, but there is a "force" coming, so they better be ready!

Good luck to all the teams this year!