Combine

Haven't been to CoachT in a couple of weeks. I scrolled through a few pages of posts but I don't see anything about the results of the Baptist Sports Combine. Was there some kind of gag order put on the participants? Usually, people are here 10 minutes before an event is over, barking. But not a peep. I read in the Sunday Tennessean the day after the combine where some kid ran a terrible 40 and was disappointed ( I don't remember the kid or his school...I know it was a private school, though). Did most of the participants do as well as they expected? Better? Worse? I have my doubts that many exceeded expectations on the bench and 40 due to the "formula bench" and having someone other than their coach clocking the 40. ;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Gibbs was the only guy to go,four more had the oppertunity but just did,nt go. Yeah Jake put on a few pounds and so has Chris Sheets(THE BUS) ,both have worked hard and their quickness has improved. This should be our best year. Jeffery Lunsford is back and moving as good as ever. He,s a lucky young man.

Sounds like you might have a good un this year, not that you haven't before. We didn't have anyone go, the coach didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked him. So, the word hasn't gone out to everyone evidently. Glad to hear Jeffery is back, that was one scary time for all of us. Having young men in that bad of an accident and still surviving is a miracle in and of itself, but to come back and play..... well that takes intervention from above. Hope everything goes well and look forward to seeing you in September at the Tundra!