Comments by JumpAround

JumpAround

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but i played both CAK and LC and i must say that LC is the better team. CAK earned the win yes...but the better team doesn't always win. CAK lost to LC 5-1 in the regular season and you dont win by that much unless you are really that much better than the other team. Winning on PK's is the worst thing ever to call a "sound victory". CAK has the rings yes and they played with a lot of heart to get them but the only two players on CAK's team that i thought were good were the center mid(guy who dribbled a lot) and the center back with long hair. But enough said congratulations you do have the things but the rings don't tell the whole story because there are hundreds of different variables that effect each soccer game.

Peterw-I've seen some pretty bad posters on coacht, but you might take the cake. First-you claim to be unbiased, but you sure do know a lot of info about Page. Not only that, but you sure are quick to defend them and put CSAS down. If Page is so great, surely they would be better enough to beat a team "playing kickball" sorry refs or not. Blaming losses on weather and refs is not just tasteless, but it's shameful. After supposedly coaching soccer for so long and being such a great analyst you should realize that while the better team doesn't always win, the better team won't make sorry excuses. Second-what's this whole "they don't get this chance but every 10 years" bull? So if one team is there nearly every year, and some team hasn't been to sectionals for 5+ years the refs are going to talk to both teams captains and say something like, "Well, since you guys were here last year, and this other team hasn't been this far in an ungodly amount of time we're just going to give them all the calls today. That would only be fair."? Are you kidding me? I can't believe you even brought that up. Oh well, I've wasted enough time on this reply, just analyze this-Page didn't make it to state because they didn't earn it. If they earned it they'd be going. CSAS earned their trip by winning the games they had to win to get there. If you really are unbiased and aren't associated with Page, then the Page people probably don't like you because you get on here and make them look like some crybabies.

Oh yeah, I liked the sermon on the spelling and then the misspelling of a basic word a few lines later. Guess you never listened to the "practice what you preach" lessons.

heck no CAK hasn't beaten Catholic the last few times they played...they might have luckily beat em last year...see CoachLogan the problem all started my freshman year in high school when we began to wax CAK all four years. Including twice my senior year. CAK would come in ranked high in A/AA and we would pound them like little girls...it was quite sad really...So after this complete domination, the Catholic players now must have been thinking that they were going to destroy you or something and lost....CAK did what they had to do and got the job done, but very few people would agree that CAK is the best team in the state in A/AA...This year's CAK team wasn't even close to the best CAK team ever...back a couple of years ago when CAK lost to Ridgeway at state....that CAK team was better than the one this year. LC OR CCS were more than qualified to beat you guys, and they didn't capitalize like you did. That's a job well done, but you can't talk all almighty....i'd be embarrassed to try and say that I was better than LC after they pounded u 5-1 and you guys barely beat them on a pk...

Suaza, you should know what you're talking about because of KC's participation in the greatest soccer upset of the 20th century which proved beyond a shadow of doubt that the blind hog finds the acorn now and then. The parallels are incredible. Congratulations CAK! Soccer is game where luck regularly trumps skill and talent and KC is more familiar with this paradox than any high school in the state.

AusDan. You extrapolated way too far and then responded in the true KC hyperbolic manner. You guys are so predictable. Go reread your comments regarding CAK and then remember what everyone on this board said about KC after beating McCallie in 2000(?). They're almost identical.

Uncfan13, while your annoyance with sauza's sometimes wild comments is understandable, in retrospect, your characterization of the 2000 Knox Catholic team as a "blind hog" is pretty far off base. The 2000 McCallie team was extremely talented, very experienced (dominated by Senior and Junior stars), well coached and, unfortunately for the Tornado, over-confident. The 2000 Catholic team was not as talented, but was quite good (at least 10 future All-State, all-Region and/or college players were in that game for the Irish). Catholic was nowhere near as experienced as McCallie and needed several freshmen and sophomores to play huge roles in that game in support of strong juniors and seniors. Catholic, too, was well coached. Catholic, perhaps most importantly, had a definite underdog mentality. Catholic was far from a "blind hog" and to suggest that it was a bad team only emphasizes McCallie's failure to win unfairly. Yes, Catholic was "lucky" that day and, on paper, McCallie should have - but didn't - win. And yes, overall I think that McCallie team was a superior soccer team. I doubt you'll find anyone knowledgable who thinks otherwise.

Catholic had a plan to win the game that emphasized its strongest senior and junior players and tried to take advantage of McCallie's weaknesses which were primarily its offensive predictability. Catholic practiced its formation and effected its game plan with great disipline, both before and after it scored. Somewhat surprisingly, McCallie never changed its offensive approach in response to Catholic's defense during the game. Catholic's plan worked and the upset--and it was an upset---occurred.

Remember, though, this same "blind hog" had one great season that year, including dominating Bearden (outshooting the Dogs by over 10 shots) in a 2-2 draw after which Bearden went on a 2 year winning streak. No, Catholic was not as talented as the 2000 McCallie team. No one in the state was. But Catholic was no "blind hog" and has gone on to three state tournament appearences in a row (second only to Bearden and CBHS) with top 10 Division II finishes each year.

Sauza may be annoying, but you shouldn't unfairly demean a fine team for a hard-fought victory because of his opinions. [sauza, by the way, was one of the key senior players on the field that day for the Irish. Too many headballs have contributed to his strident and sarcastic tone, but he's a great guy off of the internet.]

Finally, CAK has, in fact, beaten Catholic two years in a row and CAK deserved both wins. CAK deserves nothing but congratulations for bringing the A/AA Championship home to Knoxville.

Edited by hoya75

Hey realsoccer...if you look back, i was always the first to admit that beating McCallie in 2001 was a huge upset...yeah we had a really badass team then, but Mccallie was ranked 4th in the nation..i was going to even put that in my post about CAK but thought that it was pointless...guess i should have...I am the first to admit whenever, club or high school, if we beat a team that was better than us. I am the most humble person you will find when it comes to that. I always said that was a big upset for us and never made any comment whatsoever saying we were even as good as McCallie that year. We did have a good team, and we came in thinking that if we played our #### off there was a 1 in 10 chance we would win...and we did...enough said.