DII State Scores

Dinos13

countrypk good point and all, but you are incorrect and no starters were pulled from that game. I played the whole thing as well as all of their starters. They only used about 2 subs the entire game. Since I know a bunch of the players from that team from club ball (PSA), I know for a fact that they did not pull their starters. Moreover, the half-time score was 1-1 and they never had a 3 goal lead. They went up 2-1 in the second half with their starting lineup in the game and they led later 3-2. We held a 4-3 lead for nearly 7 1/2 minutes of extra time. You clearly were not there and you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Why are you making up a bunch of garbage? That game was a while ago, but the fact remains that they used their entire team the whole game. I don't know why you're getting on here talking so much garbage, but you need to find somewhere else to do it. You take shots at two good teams showing respect to each other and you try to down play a huge victory for my team. Take it somewhere else because your made-up comments are not needed on here. By the way who do you play for, just curious. My guess is, you don't play or you'd be more careful with what you post. Finally, Tennessee has the same participation rule as Georgia and neither state's rule applies to sanctioned tournament play. Know what you're talking about before you post.

Edited by Irish17

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing, countrypk, our game was the first game of the day--a semifinal. Do you really think any coach in his right mind would pull his starters when he was even or behind and had no assurances of making it to the championship game? Maybe you would, but Dalton's coach, being a sound and solid coach, did not. If anyone sat out---and I doubt they did in the second game---they did so in the consolation final against Ooltewah where Dalton won 7-0. See you next year.

Just to clarify one thing...Catholic, how many pk's did you get against Dalton? I've heard 3, 2, and 1. I imagine if you had played them some other time and not right after they had played us the night before you would have had a different result. I wasn't able to watch your game, but people who did see it said that Dalton played very tired. But, you beat them and were the only team to do that this year, so way to be.

AusDan. I heard the reason the Parkview(GA) tournament was starting on Thursday this year was because of the 3 halves rule in GA. The tournament has always started on Friday with two games on Sat. Didn't matter because it got rained out. Only a couple of the Dalton players regularly play for Pedro and unless you speak Spanish, how did know what they were saying. Their own coach uses an interpreter. Not slamming Dalton but it's like playing the travelling squad from Tiajauna.

who cares that game was a long time ago...all i have to say is I guess Dalton doesn't have enough heart to win a big tournament if they come out "tired" from a game the night before....a typical div 1.club tournament will have you playing up to three games on the final day to get to the championship...thats hardly an excuse...they might have played bad, but they have themselves to blame for that...catholic just capitalized.

Edited by mtnman

Good of everyone to try and make excuses of how we could possibly have won the game, but the fact remains that we did. We were the only ones. Jumparound they didn't seem all that tired as they kept pase up and down the field, as a matter of fact they looked about as fit as when they played you all the night before. Also we had 2 pks. Both were deserved and one of them was almost a curse, because as the ref made the call the ball had gone in the net for a goal off the field. Either way you look at it we still handed it to them. They were not as special as everyone thinks. Their skill was exceptional but their backs were vulnerable to speed which we had. We just countered and they couldn't run with us. Thats all I got for now. Countrypk I'd double down on CBHS too if I were the pope and maybe even three or four times if they were playing you.