riverdale eliminated

Guest Oakland

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Doesn't suprise me that Riverdale lost...RHS can only win state championships in football. They never win in any other sports. "

So misinformed... lol!!

http://www.tssaa.org/2002Champions/StateTr...ck/GirlsAAA.htm

Girls 800 Meter Run AAA

==============================================

Name Year School Seed Finals Points

==============================================

1 Clark, Miranda 12 Riverdale 2:12.38 10

Oh give it a break fellows !!! I'm as disappointed as anyone about Riverdale's performance in the state. However, as I think about it, getting beat 4-0 by Hendersonville and 2-0 by Houston is nothing to be a shame about. That just indicates that there was good pitching on both sides, theirs was a little better. Riverdale had a fabulous year that I can say exceeded all expectations as far as I'm concerned. Winning the district ( tied with OHS and BHS ), winning the district tournament, winning the Region 4AAA crown, winning the Sectional , winning the Warrior Classic, having a great tournament in Millington by only losing one game and finishing 5th, having a great tournament in Knoxville Sports Belle by losing only one game, final record of 37-7.....not too bad of a showing for the year. I'll take that performance anytime and be proud of it. Like someone told me " there are 24 teams in the three classes going to the state and only 3 will be winners. 21 will come home disappointed" Good luck to all the remaining teams including Oakland and Hendersonville. And, summer ball is just around the corner. :D:D;)

Edited by bhump1981

Well said Bhump :D

Of Riverdale's 7 losses, 6 came to teams in the AAA state tournament.

And the other one was to a team that was just as capable of getting there, Blackman.

Riverdale's 37-7 season included a 11-2 win over Germantown, a 6-1 win over

state tournament bound 'A' Friendship Christian, a 12-2 win over state-tournament

team 'A' Goodpasture, a 2-1 win over state-tournament qualifier 'AA' Marshall County,

two 0-2 losses to State Tournament participant 'AAA' Houston, a 9-5 win over

Westminster Christian of Florida (a 22-9 team that made the final 8 in the Florida

playoffs), a 3-1 win over state tournament final-four 'AAA' Oakland, a split with

state-tournament team 'AAA' Mt. Juliet (a 1-2 loss in Knoxville at the Sportsbelle Classic

and a 8-2 win at their Senior Night), a 4-2 win over state-finalist 'Div 2' Knoxville Webb

at the Sportsbelle Classic, a 3-4 loss at Oakland, a 2-6 loss to state-final-four

'AAA' Hendersonville (the Warriors only home loss of the year), an 11-7 win over Oakland

in the District finals and a 15-11 win over Oakland in the Regional finals and then

facing two of the five teams that the Warriors had lost to, Hendersonville and

Houston, in the state tournament.

Riverdale was 8-6 against teams that qualified for Spring Fling in Memphis. 29-1

against the rest. 14 of their 44 games were against the best the state has to offer...

An outstanding season full of wonderful memories and great moments like

Wayne Kendrick's first career homerun to win a regional game 3-2 over Coffee County....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Well said....if we still had good marks, u get one. I think Riverdale had a good year. I go, well, schools out for me so, i went, to oakland, and i really dont like riverdale. But, they did have a good year. they aren't just a football team. sure, thats their more dominant program, but, that doesnt mean that they cant be good in other sports too.

I read this post yesterday and thought a long time before replying. Riverdale had a GREAT year this season! While they did not fair very well in the state tournament, they certainly are still considered a top 5 program, by anyones standards. They did draw a tough bracket and held their own pretty well. As for defending a friend and program, Buddy Powers and the Warriors certainly does not need defending from no one. Buddy is a class guy and his team, regardless of the State, is as good as team around. Why can you not be happy for Middle Tennessee Baseball and all athletics, especially District 7AAA. Blackman, obviously Riverdale, and Oakland is represented you all pretty darn well right now. Oakland got hot at the right time and did benefit from the brackets, but why discredit their accomplishments? The town is continually building new schools and splitting the athletes up, but Riverdale and Oakland are still raising the bar for success in all sports. Throw Blackman into the mix and its rather impressive! It is ashame that we cannot be proud for others accomplishments. You have to be classy, in winning or losing.

"It suppose to be hard. The hard is what makes it great. If it was easy everyone would be doing it."

I am a Hendersonville parent, and I agree with Slyder. Riverdale coaches and fans are a class act just like Farragut. In my opinion you did not make the final 8 by accident, just look at what you accomplished. Good luck next year and good luck to Oakland against Munford. RIVERDALE did not whine and threaten our boys when they lost to us at home, just like we did not cry about losing to a good Blackman team. I totally respect the Riverdale players coaches and fans. they treated us very good when we were there.

Edited by anders

Riverdale is a very very good team. They had a tuff draw in the State but they battled like the Champions they are!! Murfreesboro needs to be proud of it showing this year. To send two teams to the Elite Eight is just remarkable. These two (three including Blackman) team will be remembered for a long time.

As a fan of the Game I would like to Thank all the player on these team for making this a GREAT YEAR of Baseball.

Hey MtMudcat, Maybe you need to let your friend defend himself, I think he would do a better job at it. That could be a reason you are never considered for any coaching positions beyond summer ball teams, you want to get involved in politics and BS to much.

Yes, letsplay2, it was a great year of baseball in our little old town. Murfreesboro has a lot to be proud of for its representation and showing in the state. Oakland did itself proud and oh so close to making the final dance game. As you know, I'm a senior parent and that makes it extra tough. Not so much the state results, just knowing that high school baseball is over with for me and family and all the joy and comraderie with the fellow boosters is the hardest to deal with. If my son is fortunate enough to play somewhere on the next level, I still realize that the best is now history, that playing high school baseball with teammates that you grew up and competing against friends on the local level is the best. I'll sock all those wonderful memories away and enjoy them every now and then. As for you, enjoy the next two years with son #2 as it will be over with before you know it. See you this summer and it will be good to root for the same team for a change---Go Murfreesboro DiamondBacks !!!! :o:o:)