USJ

p19dad

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but you need the weight room. Im sorry I can't afford a tutor to help me with my english so I don't look stupid in front of a rich boy like you. And you really didn't help it make sence to me. Only point i got to say is Rockwood was the best 1A public school this year, no matter how small you think they are.

Rockwood put out what I thought was a very good FCA ( private school) at least you hushed the cow bells.. was keeping up with it from the USJ game..... Keep up the hard work you should be back next year.. Congrats on making it to state .. that's an accomplishment to be very proud of...

Rockwood was the best A public school in baseball. Hopefully, they will be back to Memphis next year. I was surprised to see that they put out FCS. If you keep believing that you can't compete with private schools, then you won't. You will just keep using it as an excuse. Rockwood baseball can say that they got to play in the state tounament in Autozone park. I'm not rich, just educated.

Edited by ROBERTO

Thank you, Rockwood should be back next year if everything goes well. Rockwood only has 2 senoirs and I dont' think either of em were used in State. The Pitcher that beat FCA was one of Rockwoods best pitchers in many years, and he should continue to get better next year when he is a senior.

HS Season's over -- summer season has begun. The Tennessee Athletics, 18U travel team in middle Tennessee is comprised exclusively of 17 yr. olds and 16 yr. olds. Team has playes in 5 consecutive World Series (NABF, NBC and AAU). Winners of the 2002, 16U National Baseball Congress World Series. Team includes 3 Davidson Academy starters (LF/P, 1B, 2B) and 5 Goodpasture starters (P, P, SS/P, RF/P, C), plus players from Mt. Juliet Central (3B/P), Dickson County (C, CF/P), MLK/Nashville (INF/P, INF) Madison Academy (P/1B). We play a 55 - 60 game summer schedule, always interested in the best competition we can find.

Does Jackson have a similar summer travel team made up of JCS and/or USJ players? A summer doubleheader would probably provoide great opportunity for competition. Maybe Rockwood also has a quality travel team, and we could do a three way. [Note to Rockwood: The A's are an even mixture of public school and private school athletes.]

Anyone interested in exploring schedules for open dates?

BNA,

No, Rockwood does not have a summer travel team. Part of the problem with single A publics is they are located in fairly small communities. These small communities for the most part have stuck with Dixie Youth and Little League rec ball. Several of the small communities have only had one or two ballfields, therefore they go with one of the above mentioned baseball organizations so they can play all age groups on a T-Ball field. Some communities such as Rockwood have recently built baseball complexes which can accomodate several size fields. Those places are beginning to see the need for AAU, AABC, or USSSA baseball. Playing on graduated size fields and by real baseball rules will help these communities develope stronger HS programs. With the competitive level of baseball going up, some players and their parents are seeing the need of travel teams, tournament teams, etc. Rockwood's recreational baseball program is now at the level that urban areas were at twenty years ago. I may be mistaken, but as far as I know, there are only 2 baseball players on the high school team playing summer ball on a competitive level. One is playing for the Yard Dogs out of Knoxville and one is playing for Pro Concepts out of Jefferson City.

Year before last, our HS coach tried to get several HS teams (within a 20-30 mile radius) to play a limited summer schedule. It was very difficult for the Rockwood team (probably others also), because of summer basketball practice, football practice, athletic camps and some athletes having to work. I envy schools who have a talent pool large enough to allow them to have single (or even dual) sport athletes.

RHSfan

Edited by RHSfan

Veer Coach (aka Phabulous Phil) -- Sounds good to me, but you'll have to arrange the date with 'the Judge'.

This season, we're playing league doubleheaders during the week, and showcase tournaments on weekends.

Tournament lineup includes the Panama City Classic at Gulf Coast Community College sponsored by Team Florida/USA, the Austin Peay Classic, Old Hickory Wood Bat Classic, Tennessee Tech Showcase Tournament, BFI All-American Classic at Memphis, and hope to be at the NAFB 17U World Series in Millington as well as the Sandlot/USA Sports Ranking Tournament in Nashville. I think the A's still have a few open dates -- but the Judge will know for sure.

I think that would be a great game for all parties involved. You the arguablely the best 17 year old against the agruablely the best 16 year old team. And most likey the two best summer teams in the area.

PS. Of course everyone knows i am Phablous. Sorry i couldnt make it to any of yall's games in Memphis I was in the process of moving into my apartment.

Edited by VeerCoach

TO XTREMELOCO, ROBERTO AND OTHERS-I play for CCS. Ask anyone who watched us play in Memphis if we were a bunch of small guys or if we were fairly big. I would be willing to bet that they would say we are pretty big. I would be willing to bet money that Rockwood, or any other school in the state tournament, have MUCH nicer and bigger weightrooms than we do. My point is that as Roberto was saying, it really doesn't matter how much money you have, it won't buy you hard work. Our weight facilities are low-budget(and that's a generous way of putting it). We have people who grew up doing hard work, and that carried over into their dedication to sports. For you to sit there and say that public schools don't have a chance just takes away from all the hard work the other schools have put in. Believe it or not, but not all private school students were born with a silver spoon. We had 6 seniors on our team this year, and 5 of those 6 have been playing together since the 6th grade, and even with each other or against each other dating back to tee-ball. 5 of the 6 seniors have been at the school since 3rd grade at the latest(3 of us started at CCS in Kindergarten). So I don't know what excuses or points you're trying to make about publics and privates, but know fact before you say things about them. We knew each others game, and we loved each other. It had nothing to do with money, recruiting, facilities or any of that BS. It was hard work, working together towards a common goal for most of our lives. We came up short, but we gave it our all. Money couldn't buy anything that we earned and deserved. Don't sit there and make excuses about publics being at a disadvantage to us unless you're saying the disadvantage is that you didn't work as hard as the rest of us, for as long as the rest of us. Going to private schools does not make you rich, and going to public schools do not make you poor. I go to a private school, but I doubt I have any more money than you. Know what you're saying if you're going to say it.