Jefferson County Football

Guest region4fan

now i got a question for ya jpats, were those times electronic or hand-timed? i mean anybody can run a good time with it being hand-timed. but let me warn you man, u may get what u wish for, but i can guarantee the results wont be in jeff co's favor, you want rhs/ohs, fine see ya in week 14

electronic. everybody will have eyes on houston, jennings, and brown but chris shiverdecker may be their deadlist weapon and will be playing wing-back this yr. he is only a fr. this kid rushed for 450 yds on 12 carries and scored 5-6 tds against a team that did not allow another team to rush for over 100 yds as a team. if that's not enough, chris had 3 other games in which he rushed over 300 yds. i got the chance to see him in two of those games, and i was left speechless. i've never seen an 8th grader with so much talent. this kid could change direction while running better than any rb i've ever watched. that's 3 rbs that have the ability to make a big play at any giving moment. in addition, jeff has 2 receivers that also have the ability to make a big play at any giving moment. in short, jeff will have lethal weapons to use at a time of their choosing. as i said, a 15-0 is very much within their reach.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could happen, but is highly doubtful. DB may not be lining up with the talent and speed they have had in the last 6 years, but you must remember the region that they play in. I honestly don't think that a few of the teams in that region could beat DB's JV team on a good day. Jeff. County will be improved this year and a pretty fast team, but I don't see this being the year that the curse is broken. My guess as of now is that DB will go 9-1 or 8-2 in the regular season and win the region once again.

It could happen, but is highly doubtful. DB may not be lining up with the talent and speed they have had in the last 6 years, but you must remember the region that they play in. I honestly don't think that a few of the teams in that region could beat DB's JV team on a good day. Jeff. County will be improved this year and a pretty fast team, but I don't see this being the year that the curse is broken. My guess as of now is that DB will go 9-1 or 8-2 in the regular season and win the region once again.

well, with talent and experience that jeff is returning and with DB being inexperienced and thin in quality talent, if jeff can't beat DB this yr then i think it's safe to say that they never will. heck, like i said a long time ago, there are those DB fans that think if the tampa bay bucs suited up in jeff co uniforms the patriots would still lose. well, maybe that is the problem. gosh, why doesn't jeff co high change the school name to dandridge high and completely change their uniforms then they might have a chance to win. tribe, basically this is what your saying. see how this makes you sound. dude, are you really this superstitious?

I hope Jpats is right. I would like nothing better than the Pats to make a run at a title. Better than 87........I'll wait and see. From Jpats post earlier, not as much team speed as in 87. Mattison, Cunningham, Ensley, Collins and Quarles were all sub 4.6. Mattison, Quarles sub 4.5 as evidenced by UT's senior camp in June of 87. I'm for anyone who pulls for the Pats. Keep on pulling for those Pats.

I was there this past weekend and the natives are not as confident as JPats. I hope JPats proves them wrong.

missing,

i dont know who you talked to in dandridge last weekend, but everyone i've talked to is more excited than ever for this upcoming football season. i've watched a few workouts and parents show up just to watch kids work out, and they're there giving the players support and encouraging them to work hard and good things will come. Something good has already come. Jeff is getting a new 4 million dollar field house that is supposed to be ready by the first game, August 29th at home against Rhea County. 1,000 sq. ft. locker room. 60 yard indoor practice facility. 2 huge head coach and asst. coach offices. along w/additional weight room facilities. Anyone who knows about jeff co's locker room knows that ANYTHING is an improvement. This is the first step from the community to back the Patriots this year, and the players are ready as ever to get the season started.

Blue

Thanks for the post. I just talked to the drug store men. They were saying that they didn't think Jeff was as strong as people made them out to be.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Jeff County is ready for a run. Maybe Meadows has them ready for a run at a title. I was just going on what I was told. I think it is long over due for Jeff to have that 2nd gold ball. I thought they would have 3 by now. Past history shows that Jeff has to have the far superior team as luck is not on their side.

Good luck Pats. Get that 2nd gold ball.

To Blue21Sallyat7,

Everything you just said above is all wrong,top to bottom,better check your source, or better yet come to a sideline club and be enlightened. come to meeting at 6:30 next monday night. :)

so what are saying? jeff co players are not working out, not excited, etc... the way you talk i guess jeff will go back to having 3-7 or 5-5 seasons just like those in the kisabeth era. well, i think you are going to be surprised. jeff will be fielding its best senior class since 87, and i do know that to be a FACT. oh, if your not a jeff co fan, don't pretend.

Edited by JPATS5

I hope Jpats is right. I would like nothing better than the Pats to make a run at a title. Better than 87........I'll wait and see. From Jpats post earlier, not as much team speed as in 87. Mattison, Cunningham, Ensley, Collins and Quarles were all sub 4.6. Mattison, Quarles sub 4.5 as evidenced by UT's senior camp in June of 87. I'm for anyone who pulls for the Pats. Keep on pulling for those Pats.

I was there this past weekend and the natives are not as confident as JPats. I hope JPats proves them wrong.

Hey MissingtheSouth,

You weren't in town for a wedding were you? Just wondering.

JPATS5, why must you get everyone fired up? Who are you and what is your relation to Jefferson County football? I also dont appreciate your comments about Coach Kisabeth and other coaches. Coach Kisabeth is a great man and a wonderful coach. How can you be a Jefferson County fan and not be a fan of Coach Kisabeth. Dont be mad at coach if you didnt get much playing time when you were in school. I am just very disappointed with the way you have portrayed Jefferson County football. Everyone always asks me who is that guy and its very embarrassing. Let the players and coaches do the playing and you sit and watch. I understand as a fan you can do what you would like, but It almost seems like you have jumped on a band wagon at a good time when the talent has improved. To everyone out there, not all Jefferson County people are like JPATS5. OUT!!!!!!!!!

JPATS5,

No, I am not superstitous and that is not what I'm saying. You have been on this website guaranteing victory after victory when your boys havn't been past the quarters in a long time. It is not smart to do that ever, but especially to jack you jaw about a team that you havn't beaten in 10 years. You talk about all these great players Jeff. County has, but they are the same ones who lost to DB twice last year, and for some reason that doesn't factor into your decision at all. Frankly, I don't care what the Patriots wear when they play DB this next year because that will have nothing to do with the game. I have seen DB with even less speed and talent than this year, and we beat Jeff. County then. The point of this is to try and figure out what must be going on inside your head to start guaranteeing wins two months before the season even starts, especially over DB. Peace