Best team in the State?

bigbluefan69

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand your logic behind the 5a comment...MBA begs 5a teams to play them every year, but they will only scrimmage us for some reason. i'm all for the 5a/DII AAA title game to see the best team in the state, confident that the dII will win the majority.

Guest region4fan

I just noticed in the Region 4 5 A schedules that a 5A school did schedule the Mighty MBA. It is Lavergne and it is game 1. Wow I bet that will be a real test for MBA. Gosh, do you think that means Lavergne will win the state b/c they are BRAVE enough to play MBA??? BTW, we are not fearful of the PRIVATE schools...We are playing Brentwood Academy in regular season. at Oakland Wow, if we can keep them to 50 points , does that mean we might have a chance to go to the state??? I just think that the road to the play-offs in the private divisions is a little sparse.

Region 4,

Hasnt Oakland played MBA twice before. I cant really remember the outcome :P. When big red said he thought that the DII would win the majority he has reasonable data to back it up. I would be surprised if LaVergne keeps that one close.

Edited by Redtwin

Hey Redtwin, this is not a knock just curious to the "data". If you go before the split took place,most of the time at the highest level public schools won the state title. The only exceptions were Brentwood Aca the two years they played 5-A ball and I think Memphis Christian Bros. in 77".

Granted at the lower classifications private dominated. Just wondering not trying to start the whole who is better argument. Personally I wish we would go back the to the old format and have a TRUE state champion. Let 'em play.

in no way was i trying to make anyone mad, i just don't like always hearing that the 5a team is the best no matter what. i appologize to those i upset. riverdale, maryville, brentwood or any other powerhouse of that nature...please schedule us so that we can finally end this issue reasonably.

and region4fan, your sarcasm isn't ammusing. i'm not trying to brag about my school, or proove anything really... i think MBA has already proven itself as one of the elite teams in the state year in and year out. i sincerely hope that lavergne plays us a good game, so it will send a message to the other teams in your division to start playing us again.

Guest region4fan

Big Red, I apologize if I offended you. I just am tired of the privates insinuating that the publics are afraid to play them. We aren't!! Our regions are so big that we only have 3 non-region games to schedule. We have 8 teams in the region. Our region is generally tough ( Riverdale...who can argue with that) so it is a scramble to make it to the playoffs.Several times it comes down to your overall record. Some schools just don't want to chance a loss to a private if it would nudge them out of a playoff spot by overall record. Other regions have 5 or 6 in them making it much easier to schedule whomever they please.I am not sure how many are in your region and how many non-region games you have to play.

I too would like to see everyone back together again in one format. After all, Oakland made several Clinic Bowl appearances under the old format. They have a gold ball to prove it . I think that the crowds would be HUGE for a Blue Cross Bowl game featuring an MBA vs a Riverdale, don't you???? Think of the MONEY!!!!!And to me that game would prove the real state champ!

i completely agree with what you said...i would just like to see the teams like riverdale or maryville, teams that know that they will make it to the playoffs regardless of a loss to a private school schedule an MBA or BA for example to see where the real heavyweights are in this state regardless of class or region.