Best team in the State?

bigbluefan69

Region4fan,you are on target!!!! I know that Gallatin has scheduled private schools in the past and probably would have this year instead of having to play in week 0 with an open date in week 4. Hey the reality is that private schools are sometimes the best and sometimes public schools are. It is all realitive. I personally would have liked to have seen a MBA and Riverdale matchup a few years ago. Back in the late 80's and early 90's a Gallatin Brentwood Aca game would have been huge. But all in all an Oakland/Gallatin championship game would be just fine for 03'. Ya' never know.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

i am salivating at the thought of either an Oakland/Gallatin match-up or an Oakland/Franklin match-up. Just as long as the big OHS is in the ring, it does not matter!!I know that both Franklin and Gallatin have the coaching, talent, fans, and heart to take it all the way!! I can't wait til week 3 when we play Franklin.The time is almost upon us. Can you believe it?

I tell ya, I truly think that week 3 match will be the preview of the BCB. I'm becoming more and more sure of that every day. I'm sure now we'll end up like 2-8 or something, but as of right now, FHS-OHS will meet week 3 and week 15. But it's like Coach Johnson was telling me yesterday (don't worry, I'm not a player!), the Rebs must stay injury free. That's one thing we were blessed with last year- no major injuries.

First off, if someone mentioned Smyrna as being one of the best teams in the state, well they have issues. Though they do have that awesome QB.

Sometimes your statement is correct, that those 4A and D-II teams could "whoop up on" some of the 5A schools. But we'll never know because of the classification system. We'll always have multiple state champions. We'll never know who would beat who unless they play. And woah, some years, even the team that is supposed to win the state championship doesn't... this is why they play the game. But, 5A is the highest classification and so it is common to say that the team that wins 5A is the best team in the state. This isn't always true, but most of the time it is.

That's just idle talk. Until Maryville moves up to 5A ball, which I think they will eventually, then saying they're better than their 5A counterparts means nothing whatsover. It could very well be that they are better, but until they actually play these teams then it really doesn't matter. However, I will say this...seeing how 4A ball in east TN is better than 5A, Maryville's detractors could always complain about the weakness of the region if they were to move up to 5A. So, unless we move back down to three all-encompassing classifications, I guess we'll never know.

• 4 weeks later...