Blount Co. Football

BillBlunt

This shows why Maryville sports are so elite. All these county kids are being forced to go to city schools for the education they deserve. As far as Blount county football....All teams appear to be competitive this year and it should be a great season of high school football in the county we call Blount.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents of county kids should support board members like Talbott and Treadway. Talbott is a CPA and these 2 reportedly also sought the advice of financial strategists/planner to come up with a budget that would not only save the teaching positions in county high schools and not reduce principals pay. Miller and his cronies either didn't care or their egos are so big they couldn't let someone elses idea fly. Residents should show their displeasure next election. Hope someone who cares will step up and run. Good luck Govs and Mountaineers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey boyz!

This has been a good post on what is wrong in the Blount County Schoolz!

Did I mention I went out with "Booty" a couple of times and he sure has a cute one!

Gov man, I sympathize with you...I think your daughter will get a great education no matter what public high school she attends, because she has such supportive parents.

That is truly what makes a difference.

One of my boyz went to the county schools and one went to Maryville!

Maryville does teach "Condescending 101" but once you get to know most of them, they are ok!

My daughter went to Maryville also, and the only problem I had, was that after her freshman year she wasn't allowed to shop at K-mart anymore. Now me being from Nebo and all...well that didn't sit to well. I had to raise my kids on "Route 66" and "Martha Stewart"!

I couldn't even spell Tommy Hil... well you boyz know what I mean. I am also having trouble with "Abercrombie and Fi... " well you boyz understand I am sure.

Nine inch Nails, are you from Blount County? Did you run into some of the same problems I did with the "Red and Black"?

My children have gotten excellent education, from both county and city schools.

I am the one you boyz need to worry about!

Love you boyz!

:D

Sweet Suuuuuz,

I'm thinking of you today, my heart heavy, my prayers going up for you ... as I read an article in the Daily Times that says Nebo Road could be facing possible closure.

You know ... you might be able to take the "boy out of Nebo" but you just can't take the "Nebo out of the boy."

Condolences my friend,

Suzie's posts are the most entertaining on here. And if she/he is as smart as I think he/she is, you can read a lot between the lines.

GovMan, I agree that your daugther will do fine wherever she goes. You know where mine went and I'm glad of it, but I am a personal testimony to what can happen if you apply yourself, regardless of where you attend school. She'll be fine. And since I know her and her parents, I can tell you that she will grow up to be a happy, well-adjusted adult.

On another matter, I'm considering a run for county commission and would like to hear from you and BillBlunt on that matter. I would welcome Suzie's opinion too, but I don't think she/he will reveal who they are for something so trivial as a run on county commission, even if it could impact her beloved Nebo Road.

Hey boyz!

Clemson dad, I have taken the bait...if you run you will definitely have my support! I guess then I would be considered an "athletic supporter"!

I am so distraught over the county commission and the funding or lack of funding for everything including schools, libraries, deputy sherriff salaries, etc. It seems the only one's getting paid are the commissioners themselves.

But now to close my beloved home place road, well that is the last straw. If they didn't vote themselves a raise, the road could be fixed!

Gov man, I think you are sooooo cute and clever, but it really hurts my feelings when you refer to me as a boy!

My gender should not be an issue! Starz can tell you I rocked his world a couple of nights up on Nebo road...and he might say "It was the best 5th quarter he ever had!"

We won't talk about the score though!

Let's see what were we talking about...oh yeah Blount Co. Football! Just some more fodder for all the loaded cannons who get on here and fuss because we all are just so close! No offense to anybody in particular...especially Billy Goat Gruff and Four Inch Nails!

You just tell everybody it's nine inches don't you? This girl knows better!

Love you boyz!

:D