Dobyns-Bennett Season

dafuture4all

This is formerly TRIBE1, now DBHS1 here. I agree that the two toughest games on DB's schedule this year are Jeff. Co. and Oak Ridge. To be honest, I think the Indians should be more worried about the Wildacts, because everybody knows the emotion that is involved in that game. Jefferson County is definitely a much improved team this year, but I don't see them being able to get through DB's line at the QB, and nobody has stopped Lamon from catching a ball thrown his way yet. DB must also remember that they lost to Greeneville last year, and that is never supposed to happen. My regular season top three in Region 1 go like this:

1) Dobyns Bennett- (9-1) Loss to Oak Ridge

2) Jefferson County- (8-2) Losses to DB and Bearden

3) Sevier County- (8-2) Losses to DB and Jefferson County

Again, these are just predictions and in no way am I guaranteeing victories (JPATS5?)

ROLL TRIBE!

I appreciate you saying my school Sevier Co. will be 8-2 but that's just not going to happen. We have 1 good lineman and 2 good backs but we have no QB. we'll end up 4-6 or something like that. we are in a rebuilding phaze. :justwrestle:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that JPATS5 needs to realize why we - as DB fans - talk about what we do, and that is because we have the team speed every year that Jeff. Co. has this year, so we can talk about intagibles. It is nothing new to us to be very, very fast. Never does a DB fan claim that the Indians are going to be the strongest or fastest in the state or even region 1, but they will tell you that the Injuns' are going to win almost all of their games with whoever they have, beat the heck out of the rest of region 1, and make it deep in the playoffs. See, we don't put a game on paper and decide who's going to win almost two months before it because we know how stupid it can make people look. Instead, we realize that we are a good team but let the game play itself. If Jeff. Co. beats DB this year and the Indians go 7-3 then so be it, but until either of those things happen (and its been a while), you probably shouldn't be guaranteing anything. Its not cockiness, its confidence.

JPATS5--The team speed that you say Jeff Co has is the speed that DB always has. I don't call Houston and Jennings fast --good athletes yes, but fast is not them.

hey placall, you had part of your statement correct. Jennings is a great athlete, but isn't blessed with tremendous speed. Houston on the other hand is full of speed. I believe is a sub 4.4 and put together like steel. They are both tremendous athletes and don't deserve anything taken away from them!

hey placall, you had part of your statement correct. Jennings is a great athlete, but isn't blessed with tremendous speed. Houston on the other hand is full of speed. I believe is a sub 4.4 and put together like steel. They are both tremendous athletes and don't deserve anything taken away from them!

here is the speed:

houston 4.4

brown 4.5 (#9, the kid who out ran DB's entire secondary for 70 yards in the qtr finals, slow huh?)

shiverdecker 4.62 a great upcoming rb

jennings 4.65 not blazing but pretty freaking quit for a hs player weighing 212

carson 4.69 not blazing speed either but pretty fast

several other players in the 4.7 range, which is very good overall.

all these players mentioned are not only fast but very, very quit. oh, and who does DB have that can catch houston & brown? nobody!

like i've been saying, DB has had the better by far for many yrs. for example, from 93-95 DB was at least a 2-3 tds better team than jeff; from 98-01 DB was at least a 3-4 td's better than jeff; in 97 DB was slightly better; in 96 the two teams were about even. so being realistically, jeff has had at most 2 shots to beat DB in the last 10 yrs. i've said once and i'll say it again if jeff doesn't beat DB this yr then it is almost certain they NEVER will. jeff 35 DB 7

Houston does not run a 4.4. I saw him run in several track meets and he is not the fastest one out of the blocks nor is he even fast at the end. He might be quick left and right, but not fast. I have also seen Jeff Jennings run and his might run a 4.6 on skates. This might just be a fast team for Jeff County, but not for a decent 5A team. Maybe 4A and 3A teams should play up more often is those two guys are that fast. Ask Blue sally about fast Alcoa three years ago was fast.

Houston does not run a 4.4. I saw him run in several track meets and he is not the fastest one out of the blocks nor is he even fast at the end. He might be quick left and right, but not fast. I have also seen Jeff Jennings run and his might run a 4.6 on skates. This might just be a fast team for Jeff County, but not for a decent 5A team. Maybe 4A and 3A teams should play up more often is those two guys are that fast. Ask Blue sally about fast Alcoa three years ago was fast.

one wrong describes your response: INCORRECT!

Vanderbilt must think Jennings is fast enough. Why is it so hard to believe that Houston runs a 4.4? I've seen more than my share of 4.4 guys (Carson Newman), and Scooter can run with those guys. The scary aspect of Houston's speed is that he translates his speed on to the field where as some so called 4.4 guys can only do it in spikes and Daisy Duke track shorts on.