D-B vs. Sullivan North

backinblack

How many of you'll think North can give D-B a good ballgame?I think North lost something like 6 starters off ball sides of the ball.I also think there could be some surprises hidden in this team.I know some of you D-B guys played with some of the North kids over in Lynn Garden,what do you guys think?I have alot of respect for the new head coach, and really like the work ethic he brings with him.I believe he will do a great job, as does many others that has seen his efforts so far.But it's really up to the players, how willing they are to come together as a team with the "same goal in mind " is yet to be seen.I'm gonna go with North, yes because im biased, and because i know these kids and believe in them.It's up to them to work hard and believe they have reason to believe in themselves.GO RAIDERS!!!!! WORK HARD,STAND TALL, BE PROUD!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i sure hope coach is in a good mood then."LOL" D-B may be down this year, but i don't think they will be down as much as some think.They still look pretty loaded to me, may in fact even have a better team this year than last.North did lose there qb,wr's,but they do get there rb's back.They have some good players ready to step in,but have always seemed to want to put all there eggs in one basket.They have some kids there that can play ball, we'll just have to see if they get the chance.As far as the game goes, ya might beat them in a area or to,but i dont think you'll whip them all over the field, or just walk all over them.Alot can happen between now and then"injuries" and stuff, but i think it's a good game for the Kingsport area.

This will be a really good game for this area. Both teams have alot of heart and spirit. North in particular has alot of new spirit and incentive working for them. This coach could be the best thing that has ever happened at North. The boys respect him and will play for him as well as themselves. They used to shutdown and give up before, but I believe all this will change. They have alot of talent coming back and up. The work ethic this coach brings is a good thing for these kids and the respect he gives them is great. Have been watching closely and see nothing but good things coming for this team. D-B as always will have a great team as well. They have alot of young talent that is sure to be a great team. I am betting this will be a very interesting game to all. Either way best of luck to both teams as they are the representing athletes of kinsport to the rest of the state. Regards to Great Coaching on Both sides, have to cheer for both teams.

Ouch!!! LOL, North should have a solid ball team this year, and may be one of the better North teams ever.D-B will be tough,they are every year.This game could be a game between, region 1-5A champs,and region 1-3A champs.Both from Kingsport, that would be pretty cool.North does have one problem area that they need to get fixed soon, but i'm not gonna tell it here. LOL

backinblack, you bad boy dont tell now, they are looking good out there arent they. They definately have a few surprises in store. New faces in the line up as well hmmm just what the doc ordered infusion of new blood and a new spirit. Just what North has needed for a very long time. But you are right they are gonna be the surprise team to watch out for. I love this new coach.

LOL, they do look good out there now, but it's still early.The one thing that sticks out is how there improveing.In some other years,they were playing at the same level at the end of the year as the begining.Many other teams would improve as the season went along,and we would just stay the same.Allowing alot of teams that was worse than us at the begining of a season,be better than us in the end.No matter how good you are, you have to strive to do better and improve,or somebody's gonna catch ya.I'm already seeing alot of improvement, if they continue it through the season, there gonna be real tough.They could be maybe the best team North has had, but the whole team is gonna have to step up.There's only a handful doing any extra on there own, the rest is doing just what is expected of them.You can be a good team like that, but you won't be champs.Some leadership is gonna have to be established, and pressure applied to others to step it up.5 or 6 giving it there all, is not gonna beat 11 on the field.When practice is over and you see only 4 out 40 something guy's running that extra lap,don't expect alot.Because when it gets tough out there on the field, those other 7 that hasn't learned to push themselves, is gonna quit.If this team wants to really be champs,there gonna have to learn to push themselves.Some of the seniors are setting good examples, the rest need to follow them.

I fully agree with you on that. I think they will fall into line, there have been several going that extra mile tho, i have actually seen some of them going to both time sets of weight lifting and agilities and thats a very good start and some of them are weightlifting on their own as well. The leadership is definatly going to have to be established and group spirit and respect as well, they are out to a good start, I really like the way the lynn garden and ketron group have come together as friends as well instead of keeping themselves separate, that is what it takes to be a team, no I in TEAM, a well oiled machine is what it is gonna take and I think they are well on their way to learning that. You got a good eye on ya there fellah. Keep us all a good look out, it is appreciated. :justwrestle: